Replay speed with old cpu

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
dap

Replay speed with old cpu

Post by dap » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:22 pm

Hello, I have an old notebook with a i7 3720QM and I would like to know if there are some tweaks to improve speed during replay
I get up to 64x outside the regular trading hours but only up to 16x from 9:30 ET onwards

I disabled almost all studies (I kept only volume bar, volume dots, large lot). Then I use SI and LT plugins
I changed to 50ms chart refresh rate
8GB memory allocation (I have 16GB)

Are there other ways to tweak/improve cpu performance during replay? 
Or, to close some market tabs during the replay? (if this will reduce the cpu usage)

Thank you

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: Replay speed with old cpu

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pm

Closing some tabs will, presumably, increase the speed a little.
Also don't allocate too much memory - past certain point it can actually decrease the performance. For most use cases 4GiB is more than enough.

dap

Post by dap » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:48 pm

Thank you, I'll set 4GB

But I can't close tabs, there isn't the "X" on them

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:52 pm

You can go as low as only seeing one tab by not detaching any tabs into separate windows. Closing all tabs has very limited list of use cases (you won't see the data, so you can just jump through that section instead).

If you don't want to watch some part of the data - keep in mind that you can let it load and then rewind by clicking on the control that's shown in upper part of the window. So if you don't really want to watch data but just want to fast-forward then pause, wait for data to load (grey background on the bar moving) and then jump to relevant time by clicking on the bar.