New user confused by data connectivity options

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
Book_Anon

New user confused by data connectivity options

Post by Book_Anon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:54 am

I'm just an old trader...don't know anything about data connectivity or APIs.  Even with the abundance of explanations provided here, it's like a foreign language to me.  Could some kind soul summarize in plain English how I should go about this?

What's the least expensive way to accomplish:

Let's say I want to use Bookmap to trade the /ES.  And I think Bookmap can overlay Options data and liquidity?

Apparently I can connect Bookmap to one or more of my brokers?  And get free data?  Or do I have to create new paid subscriptions with new data providers?  Or some hybrid between the two?

My current brokers include Interactive Brokers, TDAmeritrade, Fidelity.  Their tools that I use include Traders Workstation, ThinkOrSwim, Fidelity ActiveTraderPro.

(I'm willing to look at other brokerages/tools if that helps)

Thank you in advance.

nick

Re: New user confused by data connectivity options

Post by nick » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:19 pm

Hi,
Thank you for reaching us out. 

Please note that Bookmap does not support options data currently but only futures, stocks and crypto data.
Please review this article about all supported market data providers in Bookmap. 

If you are going to trade in futures only then we recommend you to subscribe to Rithmic data, if your Broker supports it, to get full depth of market data as well as Market By Order. If you want to see stocks data as well then we recommend you to subscribe to DxFeed Data that you will again be able to get full depth of market data. Please note that the data feed isn't included into the Bookmap packages. You need to subscribe to the data feed separately.
Please review this article about the Dxfeed subscription and this one about the Rithmic subscription.

If you need anything else please email us at [email protected].
Kind Regards,
Nick