Tile windows.Proposal

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
hesaid

Tile windows.Proposal

Post by hesaid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:19 pm

I think the way Bookmap is currently proposing to setup 2 or more windows isn't handy. I attached the picture with 2 windows placed on my 24" monitor. As you you can see the heatmap which is the main component occupies very small space, it's hard to see anything there. Imagine if I'd like to monitor 3-4 instruments, I won't see anything. Of course I could place several bookmap  windows on several monitors, but I have another tools running on my other monitors simultaneously, so for bookmap I usually allocate 1 monitor.
splitwindows.png
splitwindows.png (105.48 KiB) Viewed 3452 times
Instead, I'd suggest you consider alternative version of UI design organized in a tile mode. I have skatched a prototype. Please find it attached. It's pretty simple when you click on a tile the context for right/left panels is changed. Also you can enlarge a heatmap with particular instrument just by clicking right(or any other hotkey) button, same click revert it back to the previous position. 
bookmap tile windows.png
bookmap tile windows.png (440.12 KiB) Viewed 3452 times

latnemele

Re: Tile windows.Proposal

Post by latnemele » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 pm

I'm also a fan of using multiple monitors, and I usually have >10 bookmap windows on different monitors & TVs. If you want to dedicate more space to the heatmap you can easily hide the COC/COB/ASK/SVP columns on the right, and tile several windows like in your 2nd picture.

Your 2nd picture separates the heatmap from the columns on the right. Personally I'm very much against that. A ton of products already do that, bookmap is the only one that does not, and that's one of the main reasons why I use it.

hesaid

Re: Tile windows.Proposal

Post by hesaid » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Tile mode doesn't separate columns (left/right) from the active tile window, selecting a particular heatmap you change the context of the columns. Overall this can be done as an option to the 'classic' mode and as I mentioned you can activate full size heatmap just by double click on one of the tile windows. Anyway...it's just an idea.