Feature or Add-On Request: Text Labels for Large Volume Dots

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
seanp

Feature or Add-On Request: Text Labels for Large Volume Dots

Post by seanp » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:41 am

I'd like to suggest an option that would mark large volume dots with a text label. I would be happy to pay for an add-on if any developers are interested.

This feature would be useful because the underlying volume of large dots can vary dramatically based on zoom level or trading activity.

In the example below from the ES, the largest dot in the first screenshot is 136 while largest dot in the second screenshot is 630. The onscreen display sizes of the dots are identical, but the second one accounts for nearly 5x more volume:

At a glance, there's no way to know that one dot accounts for significantly more volume than the other.

I know you can hover over a dot to see the underlying volume, but this can be a little fiddly and isn't really practical when price is moving quickly. Also, the figure is only relevant as long as the user doesn't zoom or scroll, and it creates another piece of data the user has to keep track of mentally.

It would be great to have an option where volume dots over a specified number of contracts are marked with a text label. Here's an example where dots over 200 are labeled:

I think this option could make it much easier to gauge activity at a glance while also providing context for smaller volume dots.

If any add-on developers are interested in this idea please let me know!