Cloud Notes

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
jerrynunez

Re: Cloud Notes

Post by jerrynunez » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:46 pm

Hi all,

I had this working perfectly for a while, but today cloud notes just shows "Loading..." 

Anyone have this problem?

I have the destination as file:///C....csv

Thanks,
J

Andry API support

Post by Andry API support » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:25 pm

Looks correct. Has anything else changed (e.g. symbol name) ?

jerrynunez

Post by jerrynunez » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm

AndreyR wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:25 pm
Looks correct. Has anything else changed (e.g. symbol name) ?

Thanks for the reply. 

May have figured out the issue though. I was attempting to make modifications through web based Excel. But when that file is used online it is changed to a different format (not csv). After I made edits and converted it back to csv it was unreadable by Bookmap it seemed. Same for modifying in Mac Numbers and then reverting back to csv. 

So what I did to resolve this was download a template from Bookmap custom notes, edit with Numbers and export to csv. When I make edits now I don't save as Numbers file at all as I was doing before (this was my editable file), just export to csv. And as for the web based Excel (or google sheets for that matter) I don't attempt those any more either. I'm sure if you use Excel natively on a PC this isn't an issue, I just don't have it nor did I want to pay for it since all I use it for is this one simple process (I predominantly use Mac). 

Not sure why this was happening, but it was frustrating nonetheless. Even if I copied and pasted anything from the previously converted files to the new notes template, it would become unusable in Bookmap. Kinda weird...

Either way, all seems to be working smoothly now. Hope this helps someone else that may come across this.

Andry API support

Post by Andry API support » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:00 am

You can send a copy of that file to me so I can check the reason why it has become unusable.