Once again the crypto Multibook randomly breaks on my paid account

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
ballz_face

Once again the crypto Multibook randomly breaks on my paid account

Post by ballz_face » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:34 pm

So once again for the 3rd? time since JAN, the crypto multibook randomly breaks on my paid account (digital+) Today it gave me a pop up window saying the data connection is down or its my network connection even though my other pages work fine, I have been using it every day (when its not down) I haven't changed the settings in bookmap in weeks or made any changes at all. It randomly breaks, comes back up days later, and now today I did a fresh install since I thought maybe it was the client build and now Bookmapclient isnt even listed under possible connections to be installed.??

How are you guys breaking your product so badly?

edit-this is the installed client version

fiiinkylafemmzt

Re: Once again the crypto Multibook randomly breaks on my paid account

Post by fiiinkylafemmzt » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:24 am

Hi,

I am sorry that you are facing some difficulties operating Bookmap. 

Please email us at [email protected] the below log files for the problematic session to forward to our backend team to investigate:

- C:\Bookmap\Logs -> common log file 

Please make sure to send us the logs that correspond to the particular session that you are having the issues for. If you are not sure then sort them by date and send all logs for the day you faced the issues.  

Kind regards,
​Nick
Bookmap Support Team
[email protected] 
www.bookmap.com

rok_povsic

Post by rok_povsic » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 am

Thanks for reporting these issues.

Regarding the BookmapData adapter not showing up, please speak to support and they'll check if something is wrong your account permissions. Since previously, before the install, you were able to access it just fine, I believe something else must be happening however.

Regarding the Multibook stability, we are aware of the issues. There are multiple factors in play, including stability of the underlying exchanges that we connect to. We try isolate problems with them but sometimes a problem can persist, and cause a resource issue with the server.

We're trying to fix this. If you could, please send the logs to support and it'll help us determine more easily what's going on and what to do about it.

pr0ma

Post by pr0ma » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:42 pm

I have the same problem, the data gaps are terrible. "connection lost" and then the gap. When the market density and volatility is high (but nothing out of the ordinary) bookmapdata performs terribly, it lags way behind the market and continues with the lag until I re-subscribe.
I have been changing settings in bookmap trying to reduce cpu usage  thinking the problem is my computer but the problem is in the data feed. Looking at pulling/stacking of this aggregated orderbook is an important part of my edge. Please find a way of fixing these problems. Thanks

Rok

Post by Rok » Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:57 am

pr0ma wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:42 pm
I have the same problem, the data gaps are terrible. "connection lost" and then the gap. When the market density and volatility is high (but nothing out of the ordinary) bookmapdata performs terribly, it lags way behind the market and continues with the lag until I re-subscribe.
I have been changing settings in bookmap trying to reduce cpu usage  thinking the problem is my computer but the problem is in the data feed. Looking at pulling/stacking of this aggregated orderbook is an important part of my edge. Please find a way of fixing these problems. Thanks

This is definitely unexpected, something we don't see on our side. Could you please send the log of at least one of such session to rokp AT bookmap.com ? You can find the logs by opening File -> Open user folder in Bookmap, then navigating to the Logs folder. There, the useful logs for us end with -common and are sorted by time. If you are unsure what to send, feel free to send several of them.

Thank you!