Bookmap stability

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
saintcruz1

Bookmap stability

Post by saintcruz1 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have stability issues using bookmap? My bookmap keeps crashing several times per day. I'm using version 7.3.0 build 39.

I'm running Bookmap on a Windows 10 guest VM inside Fedora 36 host. My machine is i9-12900K. I allocated 32 gigs of ram to Win10. I have the sweep, absortption, stop/iceberg, correlation, and spotgamma indicator on my chart. 

Is there a version of Bookmap that's stable enough to run without restarting for at least 24 hours?

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: Bookmap stability

Post by Svyatoslav » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:20 pm

Well, production 7.3 should be stable enough, at least I would expect it to be fine. Could you send me any details on the crash? E.g. if you reported the errors - you can send me first 4 letters of your license key in a private message.

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: Bookmap stability

Post by Svyatoslav » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:56 am

Hi. Sorry for slow response. In one of your reports I found a minidump showing a crash inside igxelpicd64.dll, which is related to Intel HD Graphics. So that's typically a problem with video driver (or something else causing it). This however looks like you've tried to run it outside of the VM.

For older reports (still in VM, based on system info) I don't see much, but it makes me have the following guess: maybe you have a problem with the video driver in your host machine/OS? (or, potentially, some stability issue causing memory corruption?)
Please try:
- updating or reinstalling the video driver
- if you have a discrete GPU (not an integrated one) you can try telling OS to use that for Bookmap - since it's going to be a different GPU it might help
- running something like memtest to rule out memory stability issues