Hi everyone. There seem to be 3 different problems here:
- Historical data not downloading (timeout)
- Consistent data lag (trades/depth/BBO delayed consistently)
- Data desync (trades/depth/BBO desync)
First two are typically network-related. It's not about your network specifically (but about it too), it's mostly about the highest speed TCP connection between you and data server can have (which is affected by ping and package loss, and those two are often more important than your connection max speed). Thing is that DX servers providing data to Bookmap are located in Europe, which is a bit of a problem since your connection is very "long range" if you are in US, resulting in high package loss and ping as soon as any link in the chain starts having issues or gets overloaded.
The third one is new and we are still not sure what's causing it. Guesses are that it might be related to the same connection speed and/or local computer performance, but we don't have any certainty so far. There are other potential causes too.
In order to help us resolve the issue, you can do one of the following (and I'll be really grateful if you do):
- be very specific about which of those 3 problems each one of you is experiencing. Understanding precise impact lets us guess the underlying cause better, and we need to know it before we can mitigate the issue.
- provide me your IP address. This will let us check the logs on DxFeed side and see if there is anything suspicious visible from their side. Ideally do the following: connect to DX, wait until problem starts, then check your ip (e.g. by typing "my ip" in google). Send it to me along with description of which issues out of those 3 are affecting you specifically and when exactly that was (time down to minutes) (you can post IP here, if you want, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
or PM me - whatever you prefer)
- if you are experiencing the 3rd issue (desync) and can more-or-less reliably reproduce it - I will very much appreciate if you allow me to remote to your computer. I want to check how exactly it looks (you can send a video for that, as an alternative), but I'll also try to see how good connection to DX servers is and maybe will figure out what else can be done (e.g. one test we can run is rerouting the traffic a bit). For that please contact email@example.com
and mention that Svyatoslav asked to arrange a remote with you in regards to DX data issues.
So, we need your help here, as we can't reproduce it on our side so far.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and we are hoping for community assistance in resolving this.