Few questions regarding market data

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
pprevost1991

Few questions regarding market data

Post by pprevost1991 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:20 am

Hello,

I am fairly new to the bookmap community and market data in general. Im looking to give bookmap a try to see if it can be beneficial to my trading and Im a little confused about what market data would be best for me. I mostly trade tech stocks like AAPL, AMD, AMZN, GOOG, TSLA, NVDA, etc.

Here are my questions:

1. Whats the difference between Dxfeed market data & OmniFeed market data other than them being on different exchanges? Does one exchange (NYSE ARCA vs EDGX) have better information or higher volume of orders than other exchanges or are they fairly similar?

2. What would be the best choice for me between Dxfeed market data & OmniFeed market data knowing I trade mostly tech names? Would having only Nasdaq data from DxFeed + NBBO be enough for what I trade or would it it be better to include data from other exchanges to give me more complete market data?

I know that DxFeed premium stock bundle (Nasdaq+EDGX) is 119$/month + NBBO is 34$/month which is 153$/month total, while the OmniFeed Stock bundle (Nasdaq + NYSE + NBBO) is 167$/month. So theres a slight price difference. 

3. Is the [CTA A, CTA B, UTP (L1 NBBO)] included in the OmniFeed stock bundle the same as the NBBO offered for 34$/month? What is the CTA A & CTA B exactly?

That's all I got for today, thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out with these questions, I know its a pretty loaded thread
:D
Mr P.

Helena

Re: Few questions regarding market data

Post by Helena » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:41 am

Hello Patrick,

Please see the answers below:

1. DXFeed and Omnifeed provide full market depth. Dxfeed includes Nasdaq and EDGX exchanges and Omnifeed Nasdaq (ITCH) NYSE Openbook and ARCA. Omnifeed includes large exchanges and you will get more liquidity in this case with Omnifeed.

2. If you want see more liquidity then it's better to choose Omnifeed.

3. Yes. Omnifeed data subscription includes NBBO.
Also please review this article.

Let me know if I can further assist. 

pprevost1991

Re: Few questions regarding market data

Post by pprevost1991 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:54 pm

Helena wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:41 am
Hello Patrick,

Please see the answers below:

1. DXFeed and Omnifeed provide full market depth. Dxfeed includes Nasdaq and EDGX exchanges and Omnifeed Nasdaq (ITCH) NYSE Openbook and ARCA. Omnifeed includes large exchanges and you will get more liquidity in this case with Omnifeed.

2. If you want see more liquidity then it's better to choose Omnifeed.

3. Yes. Omnifeed data subscription includes NBBO.
Also please review this article.

Let me know if I can further assist. 

Thank you very much for your answer