Hot Key Suggestions

Add your new features and requests here.
svparras

Hot Key Suggestions

Post by svparras » Mon May 18, 2020 7:33 pm

I would like to see a hot key function that would cycle through drawings while the drawing mode is activated. An example would be if I see a area or situation that I want to study at a later time I would place a circle. Right now its a bit tiresome to select and deselect the drawings that I want to use. 

If for instance I am watching order flow in real time I would like to place a line at a level of significance, circle spots of exhaustion, place a rectangle in a spot that I think is a future range or target area, quickly put a horizontal ray at a support/resistance level, or put a line down to indicate a trending direction. This would be made stream lined if I could simply cycle through the drawings with a hot key without having to open the drop down menu. An additional convenience would be the ability to cycle through preselected colors. This would definitely benefit Webinar presenters who are doing real time analysis. 

I personally am not a fan of using hot keys as order entry techniques. I think the one click trading that bookmap provides is a superior method. I would how ever like to see a hot key function that can cycle through pre-made order entry configurations. For example when I trade low float stocks I like to have a $0.10 hard stop or $0.12 trailing stop with profit targets of $0.30. In large cap stocks I like to have $0.30 stops (hard or trailing) with profit targets of $1.00. It would be convenient if I could cycle through pre-made configurations, not to send, but to load. From there I would still utilize one click trading to send the orders and all the normal functionality of click and drag that is already possible to manage the trade. My rationale is that the less time I spend thinking about building the orders the more time and focus I will have to judge the order flow. 

The ability to select pre-made configurations individually would also be cool, but I personally would prefer to have a cycle system. 

Another application of hot keys would be the ability to cycle through time slices. I saw some one else suggest a hot key for the Zoom function. and while we're on the topic a hot key for scaling would be cool as well. perhaps even a pre-configured chart image that has zoom, time slice, scaling to your liking. It would be hell on my lap top but I plan on upgrading my computer soon any way.

Hope to see these functions in the future, cheers.