9 IMPROVEMENTS to BookMap's Usability and Ergonomics

Add your new features and requests here.
IntheZone

9 IMPROVEMENTS to BookMap's Usability and Ergonomics

Post by IntheZone » Tue May 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello Gentlemen,
I love Bookmap but I think it needs some other usability features:
1) Keyboard shortcut for the MOVE button -- so that we can instantly hit it and scroll back
2) Keyboard shortcut to scroll back BY ENTIRE PAGES like Page UP and Page Down.
3) Keyboard shortcut for the Volume Dots Settings window -- so we can instantly change the minimum traded volume on the Volume Dots
4) ALSO >>> The "STUDIES Configuration" window should have a TRANSPARENCY SETTING >>> MAKE IT 35-50% Transparent so that if want to change the Volume Dot data >>> we can still instantly see what is going on behind the Window. :-)
5) Keyboard shortcut for FLATTEN ALL and CANCEL ALL orders for trading.
==== We should be able to use Keypads like the Logitech G35 and Xkeys for trading and those allow use to have any
6) Be able to put in MARKET IF TOUCHED orders
7) >>> This one would be cool: Be able to EDIT the JOHN Slaza NOTES. I love the John Slaza notes >>> but I wish I could edit them with my notes -- just simply add to the notes with my levels also. It seems like I can't change John Slaza's notes >>> That really really sucks because then you are forcing me to add YET another column to BookMap and I already have limited space on the screen.
8) >>> BE ABLE TO EDIT AND CREATE LEVELS QUICKLY AND EASILY >>>> What I mean is:
1-If I need a level to be created/drawn on the custom notes I would love to be able to have some keyboard shortcut that if I hit right over an open cell/square on the Custom Notes column === Book Map will instantly fill that cell with an color
2- IF we hold SHIFT down and Click and Drag on that COLORED square it should fill in all the area that we drag the colored square. I took two pictures and used it to explain what I mean better.

ALSO THERE IS A MAJOR MAJOR PROBLEM WITH BOOKMAP and how it handles the OCO BRACKET ORDERS!! :O
1-I used the bracket orders on BookMap with just a stop in place.
2-When I was long -- BookMap would create a stop for that position
3- But the problem happened when I would sell market
and effectively close that trade >>> The problem was that >>> BOOKMAP would keep the last stop loss in the marke even though I closed that last trade.

If I was long 1 contract, then sold 1 @ Market with the Mouse, the previously created Stoploss would stay in the market and get filled a lot of times!

That is a major problem.

BookMap should cancel all the stop orders that belong to that original position. :O
So maybe it needs to create a unique ID for positions with Stop losses AND then CANCEL all the Stop losses that pertain to that position immediately after that position is closed. This is very very important.

It would be awesome if we could fix or add these features to Bookmap --- it would massively increase Speed and Usability.
Attachments
Bookmap Volume Improvements_1.png
Bookmap Volume Improvements_1.png (314.9 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
Bookmap CustomNotes Column Speed Improvements_2.png
Bookmap CustomNotes Column Speed Improvements_2.png (175.1 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
BookMap CustomNotes Column Speed Improvements_1.png
BookMap CustomNotes Column Speed Improvements_1.png (163.9 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
Last edited by IntheZone on Wed May 08, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntheZone

Re: IMPROVEMENTS to BookMap's Usability and Ergonomics

Post by IntheZone » Wed May 08, 2019 4:28 pm

Moderators,
Should I 'break up' this thread and give each suggestion its own thread or leave them all like this?

Let me know.

Thank You