Inconsistent order book walls after adjusting the scale of the price axis

Add your new features and requests here.
hal_hercules

Inconsistent order book walls after adjusting the scale of the price axis

Post by hal_hercules » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:07 pm

Environment: Desktop
Problem: Inconsistent order book walls after adjusting the scale of the price axis
Suggested Solution: Configurable Price Scaling Buttons

When I use Bookmap, I usually have it with the price scale (y-axis) fairly zoomed-in, which makes it suitable for placing trades.  In order to get an overall view of the market and see where major support and resistance levels are, though, it's often necessary to zoom out.

At the moment, it's very difficult to return the axis exactly to the original scale. This gives an inconsistent view of the order book walls that make it almost impossible to compare like-for-like.

Also, Bookmap performance is particularly slow when adjusting the scales via the mouse, with each minor adjustment taking about 10 seconds to re-render on my system. Having said that, other than this, Bookmap performance is fine. 

To fix this issue, please add configurable "view" buttons, that change the price scale so that it shows a pre-defined (and user-defined) percentage of price on screen at once. Not only would this provide consistent walls every time, but also improve the user experience, because it would only take one click to get the right (ie consistent) scale rather than many minor adjustments that take 10 seconds each to re-render. 

Please also consider adding this feature as buttons rather than a drop-down menu. It's so much easier clicking a button than a menu item. Anyway, Bookmap has so much unused toolbar space, it seems a waste not to use it. 

Thanks in advance