Feedback on tabbed UI

Add your new features and requests here.
carnitron

Feedback on tabbed UI

Post by carnitron » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Hi guys.  First of all, I just want to say that I love Bookmap in general and have come to rely on it heavily as I trade.  So congrats on having the vision and the brilliance to apply the heat map concept to the order book -- I think it’s a game changer.

So I want to give you some UI feedback in the hopes you’ll make a few tweaks to help out day traders such as myself:

1.  I have lots of tickers I switch between, so a number of them are usually off the screen on the right edge of the tab bar.  Scrolling to these by hitting the right arrow button repeatedly is awkward and slow.  Any chance you could wrap the tabs across multiple rows (think tabbed dialogs from the windows control panel)?  Then jumping to all tickers would be a single click affair all the time.

2.  When I remove a tab to put it on a separate monitor, the app selects the last tab in the tab row in the original window, not the one I was just on before I dragged the tab away.  This forces unnecessary scrolling to find the prior tab.  I basically NEVER want to have the last chosen after I drag a tab away, but that’s what happens every time.

3.  Is it really necessary to have @dxfeed at the end of every tab title?  Can this be turned off or moved into a tooltips as an option?  This would save a lot of tab space.  Even if I used multiple feeds I’m not sure I’d care about this information.  How often does a user trade the same ticker across multiple feeds simultaneously?  

4.  When I add a new tab, can the app highlight it immediately?  Adding a new tab and then having to hunt for it is a needless waste of the user’s time.  If I added the tab, 99% of the time it’s because I want to look at it.

5.  It would be fantastic if the user could drag multiple tabs to a new window, like you can with Chrome and Edge.  What I really want to do is have multiple tabs divided out between 2-3 windows, so I can rapidly navigate between 3 - 9 tickers with single clicks.  If you just duplicated the tab behavior of Chrome, that would be so empowering on its own.

This may not seem like an important set of feature requests, b/c it’s just UI tweaks and not new investment tools.  But I use your product all day every day and these issues confront me hundreds of times a week; so I would kill to have solves for any or all of them.  I’m often using your product under time pressure, with 10s or 100s of thousands of dollars on the line, so it’s more impactful than you might think.

Thanks for your time.