COB Display Option

Add your new features and requests here.
jonathan_stroot

COB Display Option

Post by jonathan_stroot » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Currently the COB (Current Order Book) only allows one to see the # of contracts resting in the orderbook.  I believe instead of having that hard number, there needs to be an OPTION for it to display the number of contracts represented as a PERCENTAGE of visible liquidity.  So in ES for example....let's say you see 500 contracts resting on the bid at 4400.  I would like to know what that 500 represents in % terms for all visible liquidity on my screen.  As it currently stands, you can only use the heatmap to visually determine the magnitude of orders in the book.  However, it's extremely difficult to really quantify this visually as a human trader.  I personally cannot sit there and compare different contrasts of orange or yellow, etc.  
Devs - very simple feature here that should be a core feature.  Thank you!

jdfree69

Re: COB Display Option

Post by jdfree69 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:30 pm

I agree that there needs to be an option that would let you see the number of resting contracts as a percentage of visible liquidity.  I would like to see the option as described by Jonathan.  Thanks!

antonio_tierno

Post by antonio_tierno » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:12 pm

Jonathan makes a salient point. This would make it infinitely easier to incorporate data into the decision making matrix, quicker uptake, less mental real-estate gets occupied, making the platform that much better. The option that would let you see the number of resting contracts as a percentage of visible liquidity would be incredibly useful.
Thank you.

lancebroadway88

Post by lancebroadway88 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:59 pm

I agree, that would be very helpful. Bookmap should add this feature

lancebroadway88

Post by lancebroadway88 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:59 pm

I will leave if they do not

beerbier

Post by beerbier » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:04 pm

This seems like a logical and valuable feature that should be added.  The absolute # of contracts lacks relevance without the context of the rest of the order book.

james_malaguti

Post by james_malaguti » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:07 pm

I think this would be very helpful and a value add that I would use.

jakob_persmark

Post by jakob_persmark » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:10 pm

I think its a very good idea and this feature would be of great benefit to me and others. Hope you can make it happen BM team!

robertmaierle

Post by robertmaierle » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:12 pm

I like this...you could also have an option to show a number for % of visual bids AND % of visual offers...we can have trend days where the resting liquidity on one side of the orderbook greatly exceeds the other side of the orderbook...I would still want to be able to calculate a statistically significant sized order on the "weaker" of the two sides of the orderbook

alv

Post by alv » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:27 pm

Excellent Idea! 
I think apart from bookmap implementing this, there should also be a clear API for individual users to write their own sort of histograms on the right side (CVP/SVP)....what would also
be killer is if you guys could pleas have some statistical functionality.....ie., ability to have
maximum likelihood estimates to be displayed....some notion of normazlied distance point (z score etc)......will be KILLER!!!!