Create "Zones" in the Notes Section

Add your new features and requests here.
onesigma

Create "Zones" in the Notes Section

Post by onesigma » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Hi,

Currently I use an Excel spreadsheet to create "Zones" in the custom notes section of Bookmap. To do this, I have to type in every tick.
For example, If my zone is 3000-3004. I have to type in 3000, 3000.25, 3000.50, etc all the way to 3004 for each of the many zones I have.

Can there be a way I could simply highlight the area in the custom notes, by dragging and dropping, etc. For example, if I click on 3000 and could drag up to 3004 and it colors that area. That would be perfect.

Andry API support

Re: Create "Zones" in the Notes Section

Post by Andry API support » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:23 pm

There's no AutoFill for Bookmap notes.
What you can do is to use Excel (which has AutoFill) to generate notes. As you may already know notes can be exported to .csv file and imported from .csv. What you can do is:
1) (optional) export a notes example from Bookmap to .csv and open it with Excel just to see what it looks like;
2) generate a notes .csv file in Excel which has AutoFill so you can drag the pointer across the cells to get them filled;
3) import it to Bookmap.

onesigma

Re: Create "Zones" in the Notes Section

Post by onesigma » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi,

This doesn't work. Autofill just copies the same thing into the next cell. I need the price to change for what I am doing to work. I wanted the Notes to be a "zone" next to the price.

Thanks anyway,