No Reset for "Session start settings" CVD option + Anchored CVD

Add your new features and requests here.
jseaton357

No Reset for "Session start settings" CVD option + Anchored CVD

Post by jseaton357 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:09 pm

My proposed feature would especially be useful for cryptos that trade 24/7, where some may not wish to set a mandatory time for CVD to reset since there is no close/reopen.  I propose creating the option to opt out of having to set a reset time for CVD.  What matters to me is the movement of the the CVD line relative to price & past CVD, not the actual # value, so CVD could go infinitely away from 0 in either direction and it would not matter.

Whether or not this gets put on the list consider also an option to anchor the CVD if desired, so one could anchor CVD from any starting point on the chart.

If BM ever comes up with a "Daily volume dot" option (which I'm about to post a request for following this post) this infinite and/or anchored CVD would already be a feature to be used there as I've always wanted to see CVD on the Daily TF on a continuous/non-intraday basis (obviously heatmaps wouldn't be very useful for Daily charts).
Thanks!

michael_loboyko

Re: No Reset for "Session start settings" CVD option + Anchored CVD

Post by michael_loboyko » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:33 pm

Hi jseaton357,
In order to opt-out from the CVD resets you should uncheck Session start in the CVD configuration window. Go to Studies configuration -> Cumulative Volume Delta -> uncheck Session start on the bottom of the window.

Also, if you want to initiate the reset from the specific point in time without a reset, you should add a new reference point with your desired starting point and select Repeat -> never.

Another way to anchor the CVD from any starting point is to hover over the CVD line on the sub-chart, right-click, and select the Reset here menu on the context menu.

I hope my answer helped you. If you have other questions or suggestions, please send me an email at [email protected]

Regards,
Michael
Attachments
CVD reset.png
CVD reset.png (188.55 KiB) Viewed 1842 times
CVD reset from the sub-chart.png
CVD reset from the sub-chart.png (169.24 KiB) Viewed 1842 times