Absorption indicator setting propose

Add your new features and requests here.
dario19101978

Absorption indicator setting propose

Post by dario19101978 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:40 pm

In my opinion I think it would be very great having the possibility
to setting up the absorption indicator based on ticks even.

Setting the indicator for example based on 1 tick, we could able to know the aggressor's action was stopped in 1 tick maximum and also, how many contracts have been absorbed. This would demonstrate greater conviction of passive traders to stop the price.

Instead if the indicator absorption works only based on time, as you can see in the image below, it's not in my opinion a real absorption, because the price goes over about 6/7 ticks, even if it's happened in 0.01 sec maximum.

Hope to have proposed a good thing.
PS: Sorry for my english
Attachments
Screenshot - ESZ2.CME - E-Mini S&P 500        Bookmap (3).png
Screenshot - ESZ2.CME - E-Mini S&P 500 Bookmap (3).png (80.46 KiB) Viewed 609 times

midav341

Re: Absorption indicator setting propose

Post by midav341 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:27 am

Absorption is calculated per-price level independently. Example: There are 3 price levels with a traded volume of 50, 70 and 80 in the same short period. It is calculated totally independently per price level. Because of the same time period the labels that will show you the numbers will be placed in one area, so they will overlap each other. To avoid it we aggregate it. So if your threshold is 40, you will see the label of 200, if your threshold is 60 - one price level will be filtered out, so the aggregated label will show 150.

We know that it may look inconvenient, so we are working on the improvement, it will be possible to disable the aggregation in the config to see the real labels from the price levels independently.

I also would like to mention that you are using both Sweeps and Absorptions and the white dots you see on the price levels are related to Sweeps. Sweeps track the volume for multiple price levels, the number of levels can be controlled in settings.

We have a community that can help you with the settings in discord https://discord.gg/Dre4TnzfY6