Lagging data audible sound

Add your new features and requests here.
matthew_swingler

Lagging data audible sound

Post by matthew_swingler » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:26 pm

I like the visible lagging data alert that appears on the heatmap chart, but as a DOM Pro user I am not looking at the heatmap so sometimes don't notice the lagging data alert. Would it be possible to add a configuration option to play an audible alert when the data starts lagging as that would be helpful for people not focussed on the heatmap window?
Thanks.

midav341

Re: Lagging data audible sound

Post by midav341 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:09 am

Hi! Thank you for your request! Not sure that this thing should be part of DOM Pro. We can create a separate add-on for this kind of sound notification. We need more requests for this feature to start development.

matthew_swingler

Re: Lagging data audible sound

Post by matthew_swingler » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:07 pm

Hi Midav341.
Just to be clear, I wasn't asking for it as a DOM Pro feature. But saying that as I use DOM Pro my focus is on that and not the main Bookmap window so I sometimes don't notice when the red lagging data warning message appears on the top of an instrument's heatmap.
I was hoping that an option could be added to the "Sounds" section of the heatmap Configuration panel, for an audible alert when a lagging data message comes up, in the same way that there is an option to enable trade sounds.
Clearly though as I couldn't find a similar request when I searched before posting, and the fact nobody else has posted saying they would like the same thing, means it isn't something that other people would be interested in too.
Thanks for replying though.