API limitations for Dxfeed Stocks data.

Connections to new exchanges, data vendors and trading systems or proprietary Quant solution for HFT firms
farid

API limitations for Dxfeed Stocks data.

Post by farid » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am

Hi im new in the API and i need to know if invest my time in it would be usefull , currently im doing backtesting for stock markets , want to use the API but i read the next text in the forum:

""US stocks data
Bookmap is required to block the API access for dxFeed US stocks data. It's a requirement of dxFeed and US stock exchanges because API gives access to "Non-display data". For further information please contact dxFeed directly via [email protected].""

-Does those restrictions for DxFeed stock markets(Nasdaq and Nyse) applies for the delayed data? 

Basically i need a simulator , that would demands access to the orderbook and the poc (point of control) SVP, STC and SQC in "Y" axis and "X" axis , i mean , in "price" and "time" ,  no just snapshots for the orderbook.

Is it possible do that with the delayed data?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-If not , how can i use the API for DXFeed Stock markets??
-Which features can i use with the API (for real or delayed data)?

Thanks for your time and answers.

eeee

Re: API limitations for Dxfeed Stocks data.

Post by eeee » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi Farid,

The restrictions do not apply to delayed data. Note that you will have to sign a vendor agreement if you want to provide the product of your development to others. If this is not enough for your development then please contact [email protected] for further assistance.

Eyal