coding strategy

Custom indicators, trading strategies, data export and recording and more...
domasna

coding strategy

Post by domasna » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:50 pm

Hello guys, I have an idea for a crypto trading bot. Let me know what you think, it would be very helpful.
The thing is, I think its easy to make 100 bucks a day, trading 1 minutes chart with bot. Just need the right strategy, and right amount of trades. Lets say, 20 successful trades with 5-10 bucks profit each one and call it a day. (Not talking fees okay) As my specialty is not coding, I know nothing about bots. But I will give you an example of what I have in my mind with this Stoch chart:
When the green line hits yellow line at 20 %, it a signal to buy. Red circles, 20 %, the place where bot should go in, and for max profit, the Blue circle is where he should sell it. But as i said, I'm looking for safe profit, not much. The idea, is how to get the bot to really buy these correct signals? Because there are some places, where it gets to 20, and then drops.
I just want as much information as you can give me, I will check it. Maybe I'm thinking of a bad strategy, or maybe bot could not follow information so fast as these charts go? Or it would be really hard to write the codes that bot would only get the successful trades (I mean without losses, or with very very small losses? Maybe this is too perfectionistic?
(I thinks its a pretty legit way to make money, not millions ofc, but still, less risk, easy in easy out, not much trading only 20-30 transactions max.)
I have no doubt you guys know this better than me, that's why I write my message here.
Ofc, I'm still working on the strategies. Or maybe there is a bot, you know, available I can use or buy, with same exact thought?

Please share your thoughts

Best wishes, Domas

Andry API support

Re: coding strategy

Post by Andry API support » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:40 am

Hi Domas,
bots are programmed by humans so we (humans) are actually those who take decisions. The overall idea may or may not work. Some very good ideas simply do not work because of latency. It takes time to send/execute your command. By the time your order reaches the exchange the market trends may have changed.
For your idea, the X-factor is taking decisions when to buy or sell. As soon as you can clearly define a buy/sell trigger and be able to explain it to somebody else you can hire a developer to make a trading module with Bookmap API. Thoroughly test your module before it starts to trade.

domasna

Re: coding strategy

Post by domasna » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 am

AndreyR wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:40 am
Hi Domas,
bots are programmed by humans so we (humans) are actually those who take decisions. The overall idea may or may not work. Some very good ideas simply do not work because of latency. It takes time to send/execute your command. By the time your order reaches the exchange the market trends may have changed.
For your idea, the X-factor is taking decisions when to buy or sell. As soon as you can clearly define a buy/sell trigger and be able to explain it to somebody else you can hire a developer to make a trading module with Bookmap API. Thoroughly test your module before it starts to trade.
Hey, AndreyR, thanks for you reply, I created strategy just talking with my friend and testing now, I just changed that it would be making like 800 positions a day recording to data. Do you think its not too much? Thinking about that 2200 usdt will be moving like this every trade. I guess Binance is not banning bots, because much depends on bots in the exchange in these times. I'm using cleo.neo testing and bots, paper trading. :)

Let me know what you think