Here we will provide information and updates about the upcoming marketplace / app-store which will be launched in July. But since the API is already operational, there is no need to wait until the marketplace launch to start the development.
Who needs the marketplace and why?
- Software developers with basic Java skills can develop and sell their products to Bookmap users. Due to the simplicity of the API and its powers, sometimes a very valuable addon can be developed within hours. It's an opportunity to be among the first developers, get rating and reputation at early stages. We may also certify the developers and refer to them when asked for a custom development
- Traders who can define a project, and then hire and manage software developer(s). The benefits are the same as above, leveraged by the knowledge of what is valuable for traders
- Traders who just want a specific feature and are waiting years for Bookmap team to implement it. Now they may find it quicker on the marketplace
- Bookmap team will concentrate more on the application core, its stability and performance, and on API enhancements. Thus we let market to determine which addons are valuable
Bookmap API is free for all Bookmap users. It allows development of all the items listed in the post title, plus there may be other use cases of which we are not aware of. The API has a number of unique properties unavailable yet in the industry such as non-aggregated order-by-order full depth market data. To receive historical data, just add the word "HistoricalDataListener" to your code and when the addon is enabled it will receive the historical data followed by real-time data via the same callbacks. Click here for more API highlights. Also, we will keep developing the API and add to it more callbacks and controls over Bookmap application. One of such improvements will be an access to chart columns, allowing development of custom notes, DOM-like click trading columns and more.
How does the marketplace work?
For Bookmap users it will be a regular app-store where they login with their current credentials and purchase (or get for free) addons and services. Users can search and browse addons by category, rate and see the rating of vendors, and have all the standard features for an app-store. The dashboard will have much better UI than it has now on our current website. Once user purchased an addon, the marketplace will update corresponding field in the user's license. This allows the user to enable the addon in Bookmap.
For vendors / developers the marketplace will provide instructions, API documentation, and examples. Registration includes payment account configuration that allows to receive payments. Vendors can create a product page with a content and set the price, schedule promotional discounts, accept coupons and other standard things. At the first stage there will be at least one payment method, PayPal, and at least two payment types: one-time payment and recurrent monthly payment.
Vendors dashboard will be similar to users dashboard (because vendors are also users), but will also include:
- An interface for generating a custom license field within Bookmap license for their specific product
- An interface to upload the addon and later its new version. It's the responsibility of vendors to obfuscate the source code of their addons, for instance using proguard (we will provide instructions on this forum upon a request)
Eventually, the marketplace will offer Bookmap itself and later replace our current website
Your feedback, ideas, and comments are welcome and appreciated!