How to change the price value shown in data tooltip?

Custom indicators, trading strategies, data export and recording and more...
dmavro

How to change the price value shown in data tooltip?

Post by dmavro » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:45 pm

Im currently developing 2 addons. Ive converted my values by dividing them by 4 so my plots are at the correct price levels but when i hover over any of the plots my data tooltip values are not the converted prices. They are show the original value before conversion. Is there a way to update the data tooltip values?

Thanks,

Dean

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: How to change the price value shown in data tooltip?

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:21 am

Hi. If you are using core api (which you seem to be) - how is your ValuesFormatter defined? If you can share a short example which shows the issue - would be great.

dmavro

Post by dmavro » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:42 pm

Svyatoslav wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:21 am
Hi. If you are using core api (which you seem to be) - how is your ValuesFormatter defined? If you can share a short example which shows the issue - would be great.

Im pretty new to the API am not sure what you mean by ValuesFormatter? I have no reference to it in my code I also went through the javadoc and searched on the forum and could not find any information pertaining to it.  I tried taking a snapshot of the data tooltip window but the popup disappears when i try to capture the screen so i used my phone. Here s a link to the pic showing what i see at my end. As an example, you can see that my upBand is showing the price before the pip conversion. 

Thanks for responding,
Dean

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:54 am

Is your indicator using core API or simplified? Which version of bookmap are you using?

dmavro

Post by dmavro » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:06 am

Svyatoslav wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:54 am
Is your indicator using core API or simplified? Which version of bookmap are you using?

Im using simplified and i have Bookmap version 7.2.0 build:13 installed

dmavro

Post by dmavro » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm

I was looking over my code during the weekend and after looking at the examples i used to develop both of my addons im now wondering if its possible that i could be using core API. Could i have started off using the simplified API and somewhere down the line I intertwined core API into the addons also? My annotations at beginning of code are still...

@Layer1SimpleAttachable
@Layer1StrategyName("MAB_v3")
@Layer1ApiVersion(Layer1ApiVersionValue.VERSION2)

But after looking at the forum posts i used for reference and the projects i imported into Eclipse im realizing that I not only used examples from the simple-demo-master project but i also used quite a few examples from the DemoStrategies-master project also and i believe the latter one pertains to core APi. 

Dean 

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:05 pm

You are still using simplified API. We have confirmed that what you are experiencing is bookmap bug and will fix it, hopefully soon.