Values length too low

Custom indicators, trading strategies, data export and recording and more...
zcsoka

Values length too low

Post by zcsoka » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:16 am

Greetings,

Log files are full of:
ERROR: Values length too low - indicator might not work correctly NUM1 NUM2

and indeed, indicators are not working on certain machines. Do you have an indication on what this error is and where it is originating from?

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Zoltan

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: Values length too low

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:44 am

This means that in response to calculateValuesInRange indicator probably didn't return correct number of dots. There is also a known false-positive when user is zooming or dragging, so that can trigger those messages when there is actually no issue.

Could you please clarify "are not working" part? I could maybe give you some ideas.

In the case message is actually not a false-positive, I'd expect one of:
- no indicator data at all. First of all - make sure you don't forget to call setCompleted at some point
- indicator data is there, but it's shifted, usually to the left. Or it's not moving while chart is moving. That would be typical for "incorrect dots count" case.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:04 pm

One of my indicator package (Moving Average Package) is not displaying the lines for a client on DXFeeed. I cannot reproduce the issue and I asked for his/her logfile. In the logfile there is nothing related to my code, but I see tons of this error message. As we have discussed, it is hard to troubleshoot with DXFeed due to the signing requirement, therefore I am looking for clues what the issue might be. The client has one of my other packages, which is based on the the same Simplified API (and same moving average calculation classes) and it displays data, so no data calculation, pip size or other problems can be suspected. If you say that this Error can be ignored, that is fine, I will look elsewhere.

Kind Regards,

Zoltan

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:44 pm

With simplified API that error would be outside of your control anyway... Now, about DxFeed - is UI of the addon enabled? (if yes - it's whitelisted, otherwise it's not, which could be caused by, say, firewall blocking signature files download)

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:48 pm

There were some clues for DXFeed server connections, I will double-check if there were any errors, many thanks.