Instrument Copy

Andry API support

Instrument Copy

Post by Andry API support » Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am

Instrument Copy is an addon that allows you to create copies of subscribed instruments. You can apply any setting to a copied instrument. Therefore, the aim of this addon is to allow you to see the same chart but with different settings.
The Instrument Copy addon is included in Bookmap packages from Digital Plus and above.
Learn more about the Instrument Copy addon.

kobalt

Re: Instrument Copy

Post by kobalt » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:12 pm

I hoped I could use copies to select different ticksize I prefer for how micro, macro I want to view for example
-Filtered CVD: min trade amount, small to CVD-small and CVDC CVDS
-Use this to go through Time Slices to see how chart vs session volume progresses
Copies can already be a great tool for this with several filtered volume configs (just started will give feedback after more thourough use.

After several tests generally some things are inconvenient or confusing:
In any saved workplace you couldn't clearly see which tick was used on subscription. (need to go into config for that)
 The minimum tick for BTC = $0.5  the subscription dropdown is not the same as config number of ticks to display
 So 5 is not 5 ticks for $2.5 but $5 which completely removed all the 0.5 levels..

This could change with Instrument Copy!
(I wish there were more steps in the config so we can use every prime tick multiplier to reach every 'destination, avoid piling on these round price levels.) Correction, I see this ha no effect on the resolution displayed in a copy.

But a 10x tock or 5 on subscription is more usable and gives you some large lot tracker on a more  screen friendly lower resolution

The suggested minimum tick of 10 (20x0.5 thats 20 levels!) really prevents you from being best bid or best offer..
So I like the 0.5multiples in here a lot and really hope trading on copies will be added soon!

CORRECTION: when adding a copy selecting a different tick will ignore setting and give same resolution.
SAME goes for copies with an adjusted ticks to display this just became clear with 0.5x20:
So it was a nice try, but no work around for this yet...(repost from discord for 'official feedback')

Attachments
0.5x20=0.5.png
0.5x20=0.5.png (917.55 KiB) Viewed 3795 times