Bollinger Bands Indicator

zcsoka

Bollinger Bands Indicator

Post by zcsoka » Tue May 12, 2020 12:19 pm

The Bollinger Bands indicator, which is available on the Bookmap Marketplace.

The indicator displays the Bollinger Bands based on Single or Exponential Moving Averages:

Bollinger.png
Bollinger.png (709.7 KiB) Viewed 13489 times

The settings panel lets you to configure the Bollinger Bands Indicator as described below:

BollingerSettings.png
BollingerSettings.png (60.83 KiB) Viewed 13489 times

(Please do not forget to hit Enter if you change numerical fields)

Moving Average Type:  The Moving Average used for the calculations (SMA - Simple Moving Average or EMA - Exponential Moving Average)
Bar Interval: The bar interval for the calculation. It is focusing on day traders and scalpers therefore shorter periods are available (1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 30s, 1m, 5m)
Bollinger Band Period Length: The number of bars to use for the Keltner Channel calculation. (It must be a round number)
STDV Multiplier: Standard Deviation Multiplier to be able to scale the top and bottom bands. (It must be a decimal number)
Middle Band line type: Drawing type (Solid, Short Dash, Long Dash, Dot Dot-dash)
Top and Bottom line type: Drawing type (Solid, Short Dash, Long Dash, Dot Dot-dash)
Line Width: Drawing thickness of the line
Color Settings: Choose the color for all lines.
Last edited by zcsoka on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andry API support

Re: Bollinger Bands Indicator

Post by Andry API support » Thu May 28, 2020 2:48 pm

The topic has been moved to Addons subforum.

raymo_gerrits

Post by raymo_gerrits » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:14 pm

Hello, I just subscribed to it, but it does not save the changed settings? See https://www.screencast.com/t/KecOKNEBT4

Plus: I like to use 2 timeframes, 1 and 5 minutes. I can only add/use 1 timeframe, correct?

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:25 pm

It is an older plugin, it still needs the enter to be hit on text fields to save the changes (as indicated in the user guide on the Forum). Please give it a try and let me know how it works.

raymo_gerrits

Post by raymo_gerrits » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 pm

Yes, this works now. Thank you. But, I cannot see how this could be, but I have an incorrect calculation? I use 1 minute, 20 periods, 3 deviations. See:

https://www.screencast.com/t/m1W3OSXFZTj

Bookmap says 4210.xx and 4238.xx and Ninjatrader (as well as Tradingview btw) 4221.xx and 4227.xx?

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:11 pm

Define correct and incorrect :-) Different platforms work on different ways, Bookmap time starts with the first data point and periods are based on that timestamp. It is not tied to round seconds, minutes, etc. 

raymo_gerrits

Post by raymo_gerrits » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 pm

OK, than it is useless for me. I need the same info on all charts. And IMO if you choose the 1 minute time frame there is no other logical way than to calculate on the top of each minute. If you have 20 periods, it should give the same results. A few cents would not be the biggest issue even, but as mentioned the difference is huge: 4210.xx and 4238.xx vs 4221.xx and 4227.xx.

But thank you for your reply.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm

That is how interval is calculated by Bookmap, I cannot modify the definition in the core, I can only use the API for my plugins. I am sorry that it does not fit your requirement.

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:02 am

Hm, I believe the intention of the interval was to be tied to round values when possible - we'll need to check. In either case, you can use core API (instead of simplified) and calculate larger intervals yourself (you'll get callbacks every 50ms or so). You can likely do the same trick in the simplified API (set small interval, define larger intervals yourself)

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:54 pm

Hi Svyatoslav, 

I can do that, but since I get the callbacks milliseconds later, I might miss trades from the round seconds, minutes, etc. which would result in different numbers too when you compare to other platforms. It would be just a good enough estimation, the question is if it is the intention to give the same functionality or the same numbers.
In some of my plugins I deal with time for scheduled resets, but I am not sure if I have the option to be exactly on top of the second, minute, hour.