EMA Zones plugin

[email protected]

Re: EMA Zones plugin

Post by [email protected] » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:50 am

Hello. I`m having the following problem,as well as other users:
When we play with the settings the result will be refreshed in realtime, but sometimes the indicator will just disappear and you'll be forced to move the chart to make it appear again.  Bookmap 7.3 -  EMA 1.0.3

And after dragging and moving the chart:

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:59 am

Dear Rafael, 

The EMA zones plugin is an other type than the built in lines, it gets a redraw trigger only if the screen is changing, either new data comes in what moves the data to the left, up or down, or when the zoom changes (basically anything moves on the screen). I could trigger update on the configuration change, but it would be a trigger from outside, what might cause a conflict with the internal triggers. 
Is it a big problem? Are the configuration changes so common, that it is a problem? If it is too disturbing, I will implement and external trigger. Let me know please.

charu_chandiram

Post by charu_chandiram » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:44 am

Hi, I am trying to use EMA Zones and turned on a zone with Default settings but nothing shows up. Is there anything else that needs to be done? Any suggestions how to get the zones to be visible? BM version 7.2 and latest version of EMA Zones downloaded from BM site. Thanks!

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:18 am

Dear Charu,

Just to make sure that you have the latest version, please use this version: https://bookmap.com/forum/download/file.php?id=848 
In the settings please make sure to click the Show Indicator tick box for the particular EMA zone. Are you trying it in Replay or real mode? Which contract? 

charu_chandiram

Post by charu_chandiram » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:41 am

Hello @zcsoka, Thank you for your response. I tried the new version and still don't see any MAs. I am using replay on TSLA. Any suggestions? Thanks you!

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:07 am

Dear Charu,

Replay data is very sensitive to the recorded time and time zone, therefore it might not display in the right spot. Also, I am not sure what EMA on what time zone you have configured, but unless you have enough data points, it will not draw. If you create on a minute interval a 72;90 EMA zone, for 1 and half hours (90 minutes) it will not draw, since it has not enough data. You can try to set 5 sec interval and an EMA 20;40 play through 2 hours and zoom out to see if anything is drawn. If it still does not display anything, please private chat me and let me know your exact settings and parameters. 

james_meehan

Post by james_meehan » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:05 pm

Hi;  Would it be possible to add an alert or sound function to notify us of the EMA crossover? Often I can't actually see a crossover take place.
Thank you.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:42 am

Dear James, 

Sure, let me look into that, I will notify here when a test version is available.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:52 am

Dear James, 

Please find a test version here:
mazones-1.1.0.jar
(35.2 KiB) Downloaded 266 times

Please remark, that DXFeed needs a special signature what takes some time to get, please test it with an other feed and let me know if it is something you imagined. The Alert Text has 2 variables, $INSTRUMENT to pronounce the contract the alert is triggered on and the $PRICE to pronounce the price the crossover took place. You can modify the text as you wish. Please remark, that for historical reload the alert is suppressed to avoid tons of alerts. 
Please give me your feedback

hmhmoe

Post by hmhmoe » Wed May 03, 2023 4:43 pm

Could you add 3 minutes?