Chart Mania

zcsoka

Chart Mania

Post by zcsoka » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:00 am

The Chart Mania add-on from the Bookmap Marketplace lets you to draw alternative candle types onto the Heatmap. The package contains:
  • Renko Boxes
  • Heikin Ashi Candles
Please never add them both to the same Instrument (Heatmap), the drawings might conflict. 
(latest release is here)

Renko:
A Renko chart is a type of financial chart of Japanese origin used in technical analysis that measures and plots price changes. A Renko chart consists of bricks, which proponents say more clearly show market trends and increase the signal-to-noise ratio compared to typical candlestick charts.

renko3.png
renko3.png (611.51 KiB) Viewed 13812 times

The add-on lets to configure the up and down colours, the candles' transparency level and the box height:

Renko_config.png
Renko_config.png (99.09 KiB) Viewed 13812 times

Heikin Ashi:
Heikin-Ashi is a Japanese trading indicator that means ‘average pace’. Heikin-Ashi charts have a similar look to candlestick charts, however, they have a more smooth appearance as they are essentially taking an average of the price movements rather than tracking every price movement as with candlesticks.

heikin2.png
heikin2.png (618.04 KiB) Viewed 13812 times

The add-on lets to configure the chart interval, the up and down colours, the candles' transparency level and the maximum width of the candles:

Heikin_config.png
Heikin_config.png (107.5 KiB) Viewed 13812 times

If you would like to see other type of charts in this package, feel free to mention it below.

Last edited by zcsoka on Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zcsoka

Re: Chart Mania

Post by zcsoka » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:42 pm

A bug was detected in the Bookmap and the add-on, if the add-on is added to multiple tabs, then changing tabs might crash Bookmap. Bookmap is working on a fix, the add-on fix with a workaround is here:
Superseded by next post
Attachments
chartmania-1.0.1.jar
(35.59 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Last edited by zcsoka on Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:27 pm

New release improves the drawing during zooming:

chartmania-1.0.2.jar
(36.22 KiB) Downloaded 247 times

avalo

Post by avalo » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:05 pm

Hello,

Would it be possible to help me with installation of this indicator? 
I'm having trouble configuring it to work.  

After clicking configure addons, and clicking the Add button, Bookmap finds the downloaded file without trouble.  When I click on the downloaded file though, it gives the message "Your license does not permit of Heikin Ashi." It says the same thing about Renko chart.  

If there any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.
Sending my best regards,
Tom

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:58 pm

Did you buy it on the Bookmap Marketplace or are you just trying to use it? 
You need a license to be able to load it, on the Marketplace you can get 5 days trial for a quick peek.

Regards,

Zoltan

avalo

Post by avalo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:20 am

Thanks for the reply Zoltan,
I did purchase it from Bookmap and got as far as downloading the file without trouble. 

It didn't need to be unzipped, and was in the download folder where it should be. In Bookmap I clicked on Settings, then Configure Add-ons,then directed Bookmap to look for it in the Download folder. 

When I clicked on the downloaded file though, it gave the message "Your license does not permit the use of Heikin Ashi/Renko charts."  

At no point though was there an opportunity to input my license code. I didn't see how it could deny my license when I never inputted it.

If there's anything that will help, would it be possible to let me know?  Without going into detail, I have a strong reason for wanting the Renko feature in particular. 
Best regards,
Tom

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:38 am

Dear Tom,

I have seen your order, after a Bookmap restart it should work. If it still complains about the license after a restart, please send a mail to Bookmap Support, they maintain the license server, something might be stuck there, unfortunately I have no permission to check license related issues. 

avalo

Post by avalo » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:40 am

Dear Zoltan,
I contacted Bookmap tech support per our last thread entry.  Here is what the reply said:

Hi Tom, 
Could you please send a screenshot of that error message regarding license you get and also please send us the below log files to check with the developers:  

- C:\Bookmap\Logs\rithmic-engine-log.000
--
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Rithmic (only if you use plugin mode via R Trader Pro)

C:\Bookmap\Logs -> common log file  

Please make sure to send us the logs that correspond to the particular session that you are having the issues for. If you are not sure then sort them by date and send all logs for the day you faced the issues.    

Kind regards,
Nick
Bookmap Support Team
[email protected] 
www.bookmap.com

Hi Zoltan,

This is doable, but I'm working a lot and don't have time to figure this out.  It would be better to shelve this project for the time being. Would it be possible to cancel my subscription to the indicator?

Best regards,
Tom 

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi Tom, 

As I mentioned before it is beyond my control, the licenses are managed by Bookmap, but the cancellation you can do in the marketplace.
Go to the Marketplace and go to your Dashboard (click in the right upper corner on you person icon and choose Dashboard). 
When on the dashboard, on the left side you have a menu, choose Subscription and you will see your active ones. If you click on view on the subscription, you can cancel it. 
I am sorry that the support could not solve it, such errors happen time to time, but usually support solves it very quickly. 

Kind Regards,

Zoltan

mgdadjgcexfue

Post by mgdadjgcexfue » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:02 am

Zoltan, quick question for Chart Mania. It appears that the Heikin-Ashi candles don't sync with the time slices axis (they finish typically later than the passing time slice; for example, the 10:05:00AM candle doesn't close until 10:06:45AM). Could you share some background on why the candles don't align and if it can be fixed? Thx!