VWAP Standard Deviation Indicator

Rainmakersg

Re: VWAP Standard Deviation Indicator

Post by Rainmakersg » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:04 am

Hi,

I just downloaded the VWAP indicator.  I am using this on ES.
The reset seems to be late by 2 hours based on ES opening time.

Can you show me how to tweak so that it resets 2 hour earlier?

Thanks.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 am

Dear Rainmakersg,

The operating system and the installed Java Runtime time zone might not be set correctly, therefore the time zone based reset time might be off with the time zone offset. (The plugin gets the time zone from the Java runtime and calculates the reset time accordingly.) You can try to fix the Windows or Java time zone settings, or you can just simply compensate the 2 hours in your plugin configuration. In which time zone are you located?

arkiadrian

Post by arkiadrian » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:04 am

Hi, I would like to request for a version that doesn't have the widget values. It takes precious time turning off all of them in the widget specially when in the middle of adding new stocks while scalping and stocks are moving fast. Thank you! - Adrian

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:34 am

Hi Adrian,

I am not sure what you mean on widget values. Could you please elaborate on your requirement?

Thanks & Regards

arkiadrian

Post by arkiadrian » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi, please see screenshot link of what I requested. https://imgur.com/slI5YLF . Thank you! - Adrian

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:58 am

Dear Adrian, 

Many thanks for clarifying it. According to my best knowledge the Bookmap API does not provide an option to toggle visibility neither on the drawing nor on the value display. Even on the chart we have to implement tricks to hide lines. I am terribly sorry, but with the current version of the API I believe it cannot be implemented. 
Regards, Zoltan

arkiadrian

Post by arkiadrian » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am

Hi Zoltan, I understand. Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

latnemele

Post by latnemele » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:05 am

zcsoka wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:59 am
Dear Rainmakersg,

The operating system and the installed Java Runtime time zone might not be set correctly, therefore the time zone based reset time might be off with the time zone offset. (The plugin gets the time zone from the Java runtime and calculates the reset time accordingly.) You can try to fix the Windows or Java time zone settings, or you can just simply compensate the 2 hours in your plugin configuration. In which time zone are you located?

EDIT: I figured it out, I had to set the reset interval to 0, rather than the default, and add a custom reset time just before the globex session start.

Hi Zoltan,
I experience the same issue - the reset is 1 hours after the start of the Globex session, even though my OS time zone & the Bookmap time zone are set correctly. I can add reset times after the start of the indicator but I can't move the initial reset time.

Here's what I mean - the indicator ignores the values before 2am (local time) even though there is no reset in its settings. My guess is that this is due to summer / winter time, as it's exactly a 1 hour difference.

I tried changing the bookmap timezone to a different value but that didn't change anything. You can see that the built in VWAP (in white) doesn't have this issue

Edit: I played around with the settings and I added a reset at 1am, which resets the VWAP at 2am (winter time issue?) but the 3am reset is still active even though it's nowhere in the settings:

Do you know how I can remove it?

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:48 am

Greetings,

The internal indicators might use the Bookmap internal time, but for 3rd party indicators (based on the APIs) one can have access only to the Java time. The Java time is based on the OS time and the OS time zone + the Java time zone. I use the  java.util.TimeZone.getDefault(), which gets the TimeZone of the host (computer). 
The Java TimeZone information ships with the Java version and since the time zones change often and have no central organisation managing it, the installed Java might have incorrect time zone information (please see: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/9/troubl ... m#JSTGD373).
The Java runtime is on the computer, it is beyond my control, I can work only with the data what the Java runtime environment delivers me. 
I am afraid this issue can be solved only on the local computer.

alexanderjeff

Post by alexanderjeff » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:15 am

I'm having the same issue as latnemele.

Market opens 17:00 CST and the indicator is working and then at 18:00 CST it decides to reset itself. 

Do I need to set a reset timestamp or change any other settings to get this to work?

Thanks.