POC, VAH and VAL Indicator

zcsoka

Re: POC, VAH and VAL Indicator

Post by zcsoka » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:46 am

Hi Astuntas,

I was waiting for a Monday session to have enough data and today I tried to reproduce the issue. On Binance I have loaded 24 hours data (1752K data points). The initial load took on my machine about 15 seconds, but when I added the indicator, it was displayed promptly. I would need more information on how to reproduce the problem. 
Regarding your computer's performance, please remark, that CPU is just one side of the picture, here we are working with a lot of data, which should fit into the memory, otherwise Bookmap needs to use the disk. Maybe you can increase the allocated memory of Bookmap. Unfortunately without reproducing the issue it is hard to analyse it. 

astuntas

Post by astuntas » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi, 
this is again the same video I posted on your VWAP indicator thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEksL_P5MyA
At time 4:35 i enable the POC indicator and it starts loading - please see how little it loaded in a few minutes, so I eventually stopped recording, no point in seeing "loading indicator" message for a long time.
Please see a few settings I show at the very end of the recording of my Bookmap. Also, my PC has 32 gb of memory, only about half of ram displayed on taskbar manager (56%) was used at the time of recording. Memory allocation for bookmap is 16 gb as you see in the video which is the maximum. I tried disabling multithreading but it changed nothing. 
Please let me know if I can try something else or if I can help to debug.
Thanks!

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:51 am

Please send me the logfile in private chat. 

astuntas

Post by astuntas » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:40 pm

Done

astuntas

Post by astuntas » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi,
it seems that "VWAP 2 std dev" and value indicators still don't work with bookmap 7.3 (moving VWAP seems to be fine). Any chance you would be able to make them compatible? Thanks!

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:01 pm

Hi,

I was under the impression, that the issue was with the BN data feed for BTC only, for every other instrument it has worked. I did not investigate it further. I had tested it on my Mac, I could not reproduce the issue. Next time when the market opens (after XMass, I will get a Windows machine from the drawer and test it with BTC.

astuntas

Post by astuntas » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:58 am

Great, thanks. It surely isn't on binance data only, other connections have the same. However im only looking at BTC but I doubt that this would be the only instrument with problems. Let me know if you'd like more screenshots etc. 
And last but not least -  Mary X-mas! :) 

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Hi Astuntas,

I have tried to reproduce the issue with 23h backloaded data. The data load into Bookmap from Binance took about 15 seconds, but applying the VWAP Standard deviation and the POC,VAH,VAL took about 2 seconds. On how much data are you running the indicators? What is your backfill time? I have tried on 7.2 and 7.3, but on all of them it had similar performance.

Kind Regards,

Zoltan 

astuntas

Post by astuntas » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:59 pm

this is not about the performance, it is about the alpha 7.3 being not able to load the indicators. I receive the "...module thrown an exception and was disabled" error by Bookmap. Let me know if you need a screenshot with full error

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:52 pm

Please send it to me via private chat. Could you please also let me know the version of the plugin you are using?