Keltner Channel Indicator

zcsoka

Keltner Channel Indicator

Post by zcsoka » Fri May 08, 2020 2:56 pm

The indicator displays the Keltner Channel with 1 - 3 multipliers based on Single or Exponential Moving Averages.

An example with 2 multipliers based on a 14 period 30 seconds "Bar":

Keltner.png
Keltner.png (803.32 KiB) Viewed 14055 times

The settings panel lets you to configure the Keltner Channel as described below:

Keltnerettings.png
Keltnerettings.png (94.15 KiB) Viewed 13499 times

(Please do not forget to hit Enter if you change numerical fields)

Moving Average Type:  The Moving Average used for the calculations (SMA - Simple Moving Average or EMA - Exponential Moving Average)
Bar Interval: The bar interval for the calculation. It is focusing on day traders and scalpers therefore shorter periods are available (1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 30s, 1m, 5m)
Keltner Channel Period Length: The number of bars to use for the Keltner Channel calculation. (It must be a round number)
ATR Period Length: The number of bars to use for the underlying Average True Range calculation. (It must be a round number)
Middle Line Visibility: If the middle line should be drawn 
Multiplier 1: First band Multiplier (Decimal number, if it is 0.0, it is not drawn)
Multiplier 2: Second band Multiplier (Decimal number, if it is 0.0, it is not drawn)
Multiplier 3: Third band Multiplier (Decimal number, if it is 0.0, it is not drawn)
Keltner Channel line type: Drawing type (Solid, Short Dash, Long Dash, Dot Dot-dash)
Multiplier 1 line type: Drawing type (Solid, Short Dash, Long Dash, Dot Dot-dash)
Multiplier 2 line type: Drawing type (Solid, Short Dash, Long Dash, Dot Dot-dash)
Multiplier 3 line type: Drawing type (Solid, Short Dash, Long Dash, Dot Dot-dash)
Line Width: Drawing thickness of the line
Color Settings: Choose the color for all lines.
Last edited by zcsoka on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sificus

Re: Keltner Channel Indicator

Post by Sificus » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Why it takes so much time to approve?
When it will be available in the Bookmap Marketplace?

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Post by Svyatoslav » Mon May 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi. We are seeing a draft addon from our side, but it explicitly says that it's a draft. We'll contact zcsoka about it.

About approval process in general - this specific case seems to be a miscommunication, the basic approval is not supposed to take long. I thought the only thing being blocked is DxFeed data (which requires extra agreement, which is being prepared), but it looks like there might be other addons (like this one) potentially blocked by that too...

Andry API support

Post by Andry API support » Thu May 28, 2020 2:46 pm

The topic has been moved to Addons subforum.

heberbob806

Post by heberbob806 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:22 pm

Hello zcsoka! Thank you for sharing the Keltner Channel Indicator service with us. The Donchian channel indicator services are really good for the crypto trader and usually bring a good profit for traders, of course, if you use a proper Donchian channel indicator for trading. When I had just started my trading career at crypto markets, finding good tips and advice in open source was very complicated. Finally, I got the Tim Thomas site that provides good tips and useful information for Donchian channel traders.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Hi Heberbob806,

Are you implying, that my Donchian implementation is not the correct one? Have you seen it already?

rgatling

Post by rgatling » Mon May 30, 2022 11:42 am

Hello zcoska. I have the Keltner channel indicator and it displays with the default settings. When I try to change any setting (period length to 20 or Multiplier 2 to 3.0), the change is not maintained. It always goes to the default setting. I must be missing a step...thoughts?

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon May 30, 2022 12:33 pm

Dear Rgatling,

Keltner is based on an older framework, when you change alphanumerical settings (what you type in) you have to hit ENTER. It is mentioned in the user guide as well. Please give it a try and let me know how it works.

rgatling

Post by rgatling » Tue May 31, 2022 12:19 pm

Well I feel dumb. That was indeed the solution--press Enter. Thank you for getting back to me quickly.

el

Post by el » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:41 am

RESOLVED