Bybit not connecting to API

takisho25

Bybit not connecting to API

Post by takisho25 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:13 pm

When I try to connect to the Bybit adapter with trading enabled, I get a blank notification. When I try to connect with trading disabled I get

"Bybit connection issue

Fatal error. Connection was terminated Reason: Logging in to Bybit Inverse failed: Unable to connect"

Rok

Re: Bybit not connecting to API

Post by Rok » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:29 am

Hi takisho25, have you entered your API key and secret credentials?

If yes, and it still doesn't work, please send the latest log for a session where you produce this issue to me to rokp AT bookmap.com (on Windows they are at C:\Bookmap\Logs)

takisho25

Post by takisho25 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:19 pm

Hi, sorry for the radio silence on this. I've been able to get it working most of the time, but there are clearly (other) issues on Bybit's end with their API. I just use Binance or Coinbase now

mattlibra00

Post by mattlibra00 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:43 am

I,m having the same problem with Bookmap not accepting my api key .... I had it working when i initially setup up bookmap created an api key and all was good then one day i get that notification of credentials not accepted and it wont connect from bybit to bookmap via the api key from bybit ..? Tried several new keys and frustratingly i cant seem to copy the key or secret from bybit (select copy but then unable to paste ....??)

anyway unable to use bookmap becuase of this which is frustrating because thats what i need ....

any work arounds or is this a bybit issue ?

Thanks gang

Rok

Post by Rok » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:17 am

Hi takisho25, mattlibra00,

we now have a video guide on how to connect Bookmap to Bybit (market data and trading). Please view it at this link:
https://bookmap.com/learning/connectivi ... data/bybit

Please check it out and see if the described steps produce a working connection to Bybit.

Based on your description alone it's hard to say what went wrong in your specific cases.

Please let me know if something still doesn't work after following the steps in the video.

Thank you!

theandreatas1

Post by theandreatas1 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:58 pm

hi guys
bookmap is not letting me paste my api key and when i put it in by hand it is saying wrong keys although i triple checked it
many thanks  :D

Rok

Post by Rok » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:31 am

theandreatas1 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:58 pm
hi guys
bookmap is not letting me paste my api key and when i put it in by hand it is saying wrong keys although i triple checked it
many thanks  :D

Hey theandreatas1, apologies for that. We're currently finishing migration to the new Bybit API since the old one was deprecated. After testing phase we expect to release this, most likely next week.