BM Study - Loading and saving histrocial data

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
godog

BM Study - Loading and saving histrocial data

Post by godog » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:57 pm

A few observations...correct me if these are not accurate.  I was working my way through the scenarios so there is a bit of redundancy below.  Bottom line is that loading historical data isn't possible in Replay mode, Historical data isn't saved when loading in non replay mode.  While it is helpful to load in historical data during an active trading day, it doesn't seem possible to save historical data for later replay mode analysis.

1.  Loading in historical data for a given stock will, when viewing the chart from that point of the loaded historical data and then backwards will accurately update the COB, CVP and other related values.  That is good and helpful.  Unfortunately, the T&S data does not update backwards.  In other words, If I am looking at a section of the chart at 11am, and it is 5pm, the T&S will show the 5pm T&S data stream...but the COB (etc) data will be reflective of the  activity at 11am.

2.  If I subscribe to a stock starting at 3pm and then load in historical data going back to 6am of that day, and then if I try to save the workspace so that I can do a complete start to end reply, the only data that will save will be from 3pm and onward.  In other word, I cannot save a stock's historical data for replay later.

3. If I Save workspace as...the file is saved in the Bookmap Config file. 
4. If I open BM and pick Reply option and then Open Data File, the Feeds folder is offered and my choices are those BMF files that have been saved.  In this example, the stock that started recording at 3pm is opened and the data recorded from 3pm onward is displayed...but the historical data loaded earlier and saved is not presented.
5. If I want to load the previous workspace that was saved in the Config file
6. Even though the Feed file and the Workspace file are both BMW files, if you are in reply mode (or workspace mode), you are not able to see files in the respective other folders.
7. Loading in a previously saved workspace where by historical data was loaded for the stock and saved, reloading that workspace stock does not load the saved historical data.

Sandra

Re: BM Study - Loading and saving histrocial data

Post by Sandra » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:12 am

Hi!

Please see the answers below:

1.  Loading in historical data for a given stock will, when viewing the chart from that point of the loaded historical data and then backwards will accurately update the COB, CVP and other related values.  That is good and helpful.  Unfortunately, the T&S data does not update backwards.  In other words, If I am looking at a section of the chart at 11am, and it is 5pm, the T&S will show the 5pm T&S data stream...but the COB (etc) data will be reflective of the  activity at 11am.

>>The T&S displays the stream of executed orders from the real data only.
Backfilled trades won't be displayed, it is not implemented in the current Bookmap version.

2.  If I subscribe to a stock starting at 3pm and then load in historical data going back to 6am of that day, and then if I try to save the workspace so that I can do a complete start to end reply, the only data that will save will be from 3pm and onward.  In other word, I cannot save a stock's historical data for replay later.

>>Please follow the steps below:

a. Open Bookmap, connect to the data and subscribe to the instrument.
b. Wait until the historical data is downloaded
c. Then enable recording in the right corner on the chart
d. Select the checkbox "Start of the file" or custom time.

3. If I Save workspace as...the file is saved in the Bookmap Config file. 

>>It is correct.

4. If I open BM and pick Reply option and then Open Data File, the Feeds folder is offered and my choices are those BMF files that have been saved.  In this example, the stock that started recording at 3pm is opened and the data recorded from 3pm onward is displayed...but the historical data loaded earlier and saved is not presented.

>>Please see the answer above.

5. If I want to load the previous workspace that was saved in the Config file
6. Even though the Feed file and the Workspace file are both BMW files, if you are in reply mode (or workspace mode), you are not able to see files in the respective other folders.

>>Feed file has .bmf extension  in C:\Bookmap\Feeds and workspace -bmw in C:\Bookmap\Config. Those are different.
.bmf files works only in a Replay Mode, so you can see it only there, and bmw works for the 2nd and 3d mode.

7. Loading in a previously saved workspace where by historical data was loaded for the stock and saved, reloading that workspace stock does not load the saved historical data.

>>What do you mean by "reloading"?

godog

Post by godog » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:45 pm

To follow up to this question..."c" refers to "enable recording in the right corner on the chart."  Please review the attachment.  I don't see the referred "recording area" in the right corner on the chart.

Please advise.

Thanks

>>Please follow the steps below:

a. Open Bookmap, connect to the data and subscribe to the instrument.
b. Wait until the historical data is downloaded
c. Then enable recording in the right corner on the chart

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:46 am

Hi, with pleasure.
Attachments
Record.png
Record.png (36.24 KiB) Viewed 6480 times

godog

Post by godog » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Sorry...it is this bullet that I can't find:

Sandra

Post by Sandra » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi!

Press on the grey circle:

Attachments
1.png
1.png (11.49 KiB) Viewed 6407 times
2.png
2.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 6407 times
3.png
3.png (16.78 KiB) Viewed 6407 times