Capture Rithmic Latency Message

Custom indicators, trading strategies, data export and recording and more...
luis

Capture Rithmic Latency Message

Post by luis » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:42 pm

Is there a way to capture or get a message when Rithmic Lantecy shows up? We currently get the message on the heatmap and also on the log so I'm wondering if there is any System/User Message that is triggered that we can capture from the API.

Andry API support

Re: Capture Rithmic Latency Message

Post by Andry API support » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:47 am

Hi luis,
Layer1ApiUserMessageNotification instance is triggered. Match its text field and the text from a heatmap message. Watch its isAdd flag to figure out when the massage is shown/hidden.

luis

Post by luis » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi Andrey, thanks... is it possible to fire a notification using Layer1ApiUserMessageNotification ?

I tried but I get an exception saying "User message was not handled before reaching the provider": 

Code: Select all

Layer1ApiUserMessageNotification m = new Layer1ApiUserMessageNotification(null, 4,
"Text Message", true, 0, null);

api.sendUserMessage(m);

Code: Select all

java.lang.RuntimeException: User message {Layer1ApiUserMessageNotificationMessage [alias=null, text=Text Message, id=4, isAdd=true, minWidthPx=0, onMessageClosedCallback=null]} was not handled before reaching the provider
I'm trying to simulate a notification so I can catch it with my other listener.

Andry API support

Post by Andry API support » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:31 am

Hi Luis,
sorry for a delayed response. For Simplified API - currently not. We need to modify this message to be used in Simplified API. This may take some time. I'll let you know in this thread as soon as we make it.