Scalper Toolbox

zcsoka

Scalper Toolbox

Post by zcsoka » Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:00 pm

This package consists of 3 indicators to help scalpers and short term traders.

It is not a buy-sell indicator! The tools are intended to support the decision making for short term trades.

The first tool included is the already available Pace of Tape (PoT) indicator, it was included for completeness. More information on the indicator can be found HERE. The Pace of Tape helps to gauge the intensity of the book.

PoT.png
PoT.png (26.12 KiB) Viewed 10140 times

The second tool is the Market Watch indicator, it automatically displays all subscribed instruments' price in the bottom panel. It serves as a replacement for the traditional market watch, giving not only the last value, but the history of the movement as well. It helps to quickly detect if the market is moving into the same direction or if couple of the instruments are diverging. It can be very convenient for scalpers and short term traders, who keep subscribing and unsubscribing instruments, since the indicator manages the instruments automatically. As such, it has no configuration window, visibility has to be adjusted in the basic Bookmap config panel.

There are 2 variations of this indicator in the package. Those are built upon different technologies and might have different performance.
The No Colour variation offers tick by tick data and it does display all instruments with a single colour. The colour can be adjusted, but still the same colour will be used for all lines. The individual instruments can be hidden in the Bookmap standard configuration panel.

MarketwatchNoColour.png
MarketwatchNoColour.png (759.36 KiB) Viewed 10140 times

The Colour variation offers an automated colouring up to 9 colours, if more instruments are added, the colours will repeat. Using the default Bookmap settings panel, the indicator colour can be changed for the current session. Please remark, that the colours might change between restarts. This indicator updates every 500 milliseconds (not tick by tick) to improve performance, the update period can be defined in the configuration. 

MarketwatchColour.png
MarketwatchColour.png (772.46 KiB) Viewed 10140 times

WatchPeriodSettings.png
WatchPeriodSettings.png (54.63 KiB) Viewed 10132 times

The third tool is called Book Bracket, it is a proprietary indicator. Scalpers and short term traders must know not only the pace of the tape (PoT indicator), but also the range of the movements, how far the market can move within the next couple of seconds. Many traders use the Average True Range for that, but it does not take into account the book. The Book Bracket indicator measures the volume in the last N seconds and calculates how many levels it would take out of the book if the same volume was traded next. It not only gives a very good visual on the thickness of the book above and below, it also shows the stacking pulling and helps to identify the right locations for the orders to get filled quickly. If the book is not thick enough, the indicator will go into the extended book and calculate the levels based on the extended book. If the data provider does not provide extended books, the indicator might not be exact.

BookBracket.png
BookBracket.png (739.41 KiB) Viewed 10140 times

The indicator can be adjusted according to the trading time frame:

BookbracketConfig.png
BookbracketConfig.png (114.93 KiB) Viewed 10140 times

The Lookback Interval defines the "bar" length it records the volume for
Lookback Period defines how many bars' volume should be accumulated
Top and Bottom Band line type defines the line type to be displayed
Line width is the thickness of the line
Colour settings let the line colour to be changed.

Putting all the indicators together, we can get a good feeling about the current value. If the price movement is in agreement with the watchlist; if the intensity of the tape compared to the max and the average activity on the PoT is typical for the movement type; if pullback and target levels on the Book Bracket coincide with small value levels and give enough space for a scalp. 

scalperTools.png
scalperTools.png (818.41 KiB) Viewed 10136 times

ScalperTools2.png
ScalperTools2.png (793.67 KiB) Viewed 10136 times

ScalperTools3.png
ScalperTools3.png (716.57 KiB) Viewed 10136 times

Last edited by zcsoka on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaizhou8

Re: Scalper Toolbox

Post by kaizhou8 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:12 pm

just installing this stuff, keep ask me licence not permit , restart the bookmap etc, would you like help me out?

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:48 pm

Dear Kaizhou8,

The issue you are facing is with the licensing server, that is under the control of the Bookmap, I cannot check license related issues. Would you be so kind as to ask Bookmap support about your issue?

eric_cervenka

Post by eric_cervenka » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:36 pm

I get this error code when I try to use the book bracket.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: velox.api.layer1.simplified.Api.registerIndicator(Ljava/lang/String;Lvelox/api/layer1/messages/indicators/Layer1ApiUserMessageModifyIndicator$GraphType;DZZ)Lvelox/api/layer1/simplified/Indicator;
    at com.zoli.api.scalpertools.indicators.bookbracket.initialize(bookbracket.java:84)
    at velox.api.layer1.simplified.InstanceWrapper.start(InstanceWrapper.java:120)
    at velox.api.layer1.simplified.SimplifiedL1ApiLoader.startForInstrument(SimplifiedL1ApiLoader.java:355)
    at velox.api.layer1.simplified.SimplifiedL1ApiLoader.lambda$onStrategyCheckboxEnabled$4(SimplifiedL1ApiLoader.java:333)
    at velox.api.layer1.layers.Layer1ApiInjectorRelay.injectSynchronously(SourceFile:57)
    at velox.api.layer1.simplified.SimplifiedL1ApiLoader.onStrategyCheckboxEnabled(SimplifiedL1ApiLoader.java:328)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at velox.bookmap.dl$b.invoke(SourceFile:64)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy31.onStrategyCheckboxEnabled(Unknown Source)
    at velox.bookmap.Fb.a(SourceFile:680)
    at velox.bookmap.Fb.a(SourceFile:386)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
    at javax.swing.JToggleButton$ToggleButtonModel.setPressed(JToggleButton.java:308)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6533)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4525)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:90)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
    at velox.bookmap.Pi.dispatchEvent(SourceFile:70)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Please make sure that you use Bookmap 7.2+, it works only with that version

terminhandler

Post by terminhandler » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:56 pm

Hello, very interesting add-on. I certainly would like to use it but before I try, have you tested this on Bookmap 7.3? As of today, 26 July 2022, build 35 is the latest.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:53 am

Hi, yes, it is working on 7.3. You have 5 days trial, give it a try on your platform and let me know if you experience any issues.

horizonmarine

Post by horizonmarine » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:21 pm

Good afternoon, I would like to get a free trial of your add on, let me know the process

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:12 am

Please order it on the Marketplace, the trial period is included. If you cancel within 10 days, you will not get charged.

wilko_wyczawski

Post by wilko_wyczawski » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:29 pm

Hello Z0LI Store,

I bought the PoT Peace of Tape indicator, if I want to stop the subscription, how can I do that ?
In My Marketplace, I dont have a button to cancel the subscription, 

I would like to have the demo ScalperToolbox now, isa that possible ?

Best regards,

Wilko