A new widget panel

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
Aragorn

A new widget panel

Post by Aragorn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:26 pm

Can the Volume Bars be enabled to either be put into the existing or a new Widget panel? They are a little difficult to see at the bottom of the main panel. Further, in my own trading, I've found a Weighted Moving Average on the Bid and on the Offer (two lines) can give great insight into who's winning the battle.

SuperDriveGuy

Re: A new widget panel

Post by SuperDriveGuy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am

Hi Aragorn,
I think this is a good suggestion. You might find that this existing indicator does something similar
https://www.bookmap.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=148

Please update here, if you find a way to use it settings to achieve WMA of the bid/offer. I think the setting the attached screenshot may help, not sure at what level one should start the 50% weight though

UPDATE
Sorry, can't attach screenshot, get error message that "board attachment quota has been reached"

Aragorn

Re: A new widget panel

Post by Aragorn » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 pm

In any other Forum or on any other site they'd dismiss such notions as fantasy. BookMap's unique look at Volume however opens a whole new world to Volume studies and analysis.

That said, is it possible to create an Absorption indicator? It would end up being a Delta and Price divergence: More Volume on one side but Price trades in the opposite direction. Something configurable such as Size, along the same lines as the Iceberg detector, would be extremely beneficial.