Problems with Bookmap Layout/Settings Persisting on Thinkorswim

Market data, Trading, Technical support, Features requests, etc
stockleed

Problems with Bookmap Layout/Settings Persisting on Thinkorswim

Post by stockleed » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:24 pm

I'm having a frustrating issue with Bookmap on Thinkorswim. Whenever I change the settings and layout of Bookmap for a specific symbol, everything works fine. However, when I switch to a different symbol, the Bookmap layout and settings revert back to their original state.
This is incredibly annoying, as I have to manually adjust the settings every time I want to analyze a new symbol. It's definitely slowing down my workflow.

I'm not sure if this is a known glitch on the Bookmap side or if it's an issue with Thinkorswim's integration.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, have you found any solutions or workarounds?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Bookmap Layout/Settings Persisting on Thinkorswim

Post by Svyatoslav » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:17 pm

We'll investigate.

Svyatoslav
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Bookmap Layout/Settings Persisting on Thinkorswim

Post by Svyatoslav » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:07 pm

Hi,
We are investigating the issue and require some clarifications.

Intended behavior: if you last changed settings on instrument A and then open B (that you have never ever opened before), B should inherit settings from A (with a small remark: "changed settings" is a bit of a vague definition, many actions that you might not consider changing settings is internally still a settings change, so if, say, before opening B you opened C, it's possible that B will get settings from C instead of A).
Are you saying that instead you are getting an instrument with default settings?

Thanks,
Svyatoslav