Trade Copier

Add your new features and requests here.
fintechvisuals

Re: Trade Copier

Post by fintechvisuals » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:22 am

As a 3rd party developer we're currently looking into the technical challenges of accomplishing this.
However in the meantime we had a few questions for those traders using Apex and Bookmap connectivity.

We assume..Bookmap is connected to R Pro/Plugin Mode/R Pro connected to Apex servers?
Have you encountered any issues related to some futures symbols not being authorized/displayed?
Are you using Full depth and paying the Apex/Rithmic Level 2 fee?

Apex specifies that 2 login IDs are required to use Bookmap.
Have you found this to be the case?

Any details appreciated.

martijn luijckx

Post by martijn luijckx » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

I'm glad to hear you're working on this. Apex works via Rithmic R Trader Pro. So far, I haven't encountered any issues regarding futures symbols not being authorized or displayed (I'm trading NQ and ES (also looking at YM, RTY and 6E). I use the "Full depth" market data bundle and pay the Apex/Rithmic Level 2 fee as required.

As for the question about the two login IDs, those are unfamiliar to me. I only use one login ID. When I start Rithmic R Trader Pro, I connect it to my Bookmap. Additionally, I also use Jigsaw and NinjaTrader, where I use the same data feed. It's noteworthy that when I open a trade in Bookmap, it also appears in the Jigsaw DOM and in NinjaTrader.

Currently, I'm using the Trade Copier provided by Apex via NinjaTrader. If I open a trade in Bookmap, I can copy it to my other Apex accounts via the Trade Copier. However, when I move the orders, these shifts are not reflected in the copied/followed accounts.

I'm open to further information exchange or even have a call and sharing my screen if it would be helpful to gain a better understanding of how everything is set up.

Best regards,

Martijn 

pacovic

Post by pacovic » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:09 pm

I do run with 2 logins in rithmic, one for bookmap (Via rithmic pro) and one to connect Ninja. The orders in BM will show in Ninja. The main issue with this is that this process finishes creating what I call ghost orders in Ninja. These ghost orders only exit on Ninja and not in Rithmic; if you try to close them, Apex copy trader or Flowbots Copy trader would create an opposite order in the follower accounts. So the user has to be very careful and, once in a while, disable the copy trader in Ninja and then close those ghost orders, which usually gives an error because Rithmic doesn't know about those orders. All this process has caused me to lose my follower accounts twice this year due to these ghost orders which finish triggering orders in the follower accounts, so ideally we need either to find a way that Ninja doesn't create those ghost orders which seems a problem syncing the status of the external order coming from Rithmic.  I contacted Ninja and they were not very helpful or any intention of investigating this. The proper fix to this is  a copy trader addon in Bookmap so the execution is faster.
So begging for somebody to take on this.