POC, VAH and VAL Indicator

yqbsipmhzhr

Re: POC, VAH and VAL Indicator

Post by yqbsipmhzhr » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:24 am

I just sent it to you :)

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:16 pm

Many thanks, I have received the feed file for Bookmap. I have reviewed and I can confirm that the 2 platforms show different values, but the difference does not necessarily mean problem in the plugins, but maybe in the platforms. I have checked the location of the PoC at different times and they do differ. In Bookmap I could see the actual profile, so I could verify the location of the PoC. For Sierra I could just use the image you have posted and I projected the locations to the right side scale. 
@16:27 on Bookmap the PoC is on 16961.00, in Sierra it is on around 1963:00. The actual Bookmap profile confirms that the plugin shows the correct PoC (also the Bookmap built in PoC line fully covers the plugins PoC line, so they are in agreement).
@17:22 in Bookmap the PoC jumps to 16980.00, in Sierra it goes about 16981. At the same time in Bookmap the VAH and VAL is jumping as well, in Sierra VAH and VAL do not change. It is quite unlikely that the PoC jumps around 25 points and the VAH and VAL are not moving a bit in the early trading session (later when the market profile thickens, the values are getting more stable). I am not saying that the Sierra is incorrect, but I believe my plugin is correct. Definitely there might be some base data interpretation difference in the 2 platforms as well (due to the difference in PoCs), but the VAH and VAL calculations seem to be correct in my plugin. 
Please remark that in Sierra it happens again around 18:40, that the PoC jumps down and neither VAH nor VAL change a bit. 
Since I cannot prove that the Sierra is correct, I cannot use it as a verification. 
If you an prove me wrong, please do so, I am happy to discuss it further.

yqbsipmhzhr

Post by yqbsipmhzhr » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:29 am

Thanks for your detailed answer :)

For comparison, here is the developping VA on TradingView in 30sec. It's less precise than Bookmap and Sierra, but it's more to see the shape of the developping VA and POC.

It looks a lot like Sierra and you can see that the VAH and VAL don't move even when the POC moves a lot. I think this is because the volume profile is very balanced and there are several peaks of equivalent volume in the volume profile (multiple POCs).

TradingView screenshot : https://snipboard.io/lghtVO.jpg

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:29 pm

I think I know what the difference is, they might have used the traditional method for the calculation. I will create a version with that calculation as well and post a test version here.

zcsoka

Post by zcsoka » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:56 am

Please find the new version below. It has a tick box now "Traditional Calculation" which follows the original Market Profile calculation with the 2 upper level 2 lower level comparison. Please check it and let me know how you like it:

z0li-2.3.3.jar
(97.67 KiB) Downloaded 557 times

yqbsipmhzhr

Post by yqbsipmhzhr » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:43 pm

It's perfect now ! :)

Thank you Zcsoka