Bookmap Marketplace FAQ
Information for Users
How Can I Add Marketplace add-ons To My Current Bookmap License?
If you are new to Bookmap and register through the marketplace you will get a license for Bookmap Digital once you complete your registration.
This license will be associated with your marketplace account and will update with every purchase you make on the marketplace or on the Bookmap website. There is no action needed on your part.
If you already have a Bookmap account and license and would like to purchase add-ons on the marketplace, you will need to login to the marketplace with your existing Bookmap credentials.
Once logged in, enter your license key in the relevant field in your marketplace dashboard.
How Do I Activate An Add-on?
If you purchased an add-on such as an indicator, you have to download it and place it locally on one of your PC folders (e.g. C:BookmapAPIIndicators).
After downloading the add-on, activate it through the Bookmap Setting menu → Configure Add-ons or simply click the Add-on configuration button
Are The Offered add-ons Supported By All Market Data Vendors?
Not necessarily. Some indicators (like Stops & Icebergs Sub-Chart) require MBO data which is currently provided only by Rithmic.
In case the add-on is supported by specific vendors only, it will be designated in the product details.
What Are The Supported Payment Methods?
For marketplace add-ons, currently, only PayPal is supported.
Bookmap packages can be purchased with a credit card as well (note that in case of recurring payments this will still require a valid PayPal account)
Who Should I Approach For Support Related Inquiries?
Open an inquiry to the vendor through the marketplace. If the vendor is Bookmap, it will be forwarded to email@example.com
Information For Vendors
How Can I Publish My Add-on?
Publishing your add-on is easy:
- register as a user
- click on Become a vendor
- create a product page
- set its price and subscription intervals
- set a dedicated license field, and
- click publish.
What Product Types Are Supported?
All products that provide value to Bookmap users are supported. Here are some examples:
- Automatic trading strategies
- Data recorders, etc.
Adapters. (e.g. an adapter for a new crypto exchange):
- Connectors to external market data sources
- Trading connectivity (e.g. to a certain broker/exchange)
Other services, such as:
- Webinars & education courses
- Software development and consulting services
- Real-time / backfill market data
- Trading alerts, custom notes, a news feed, etc
What Type Of Charge Can I Apply To My Product Or Services?
To learn more about the Bookmap API go to the Getting started guide
What Share Of The Product Fees Is Allocated To Vendors?
- Vendors earn 73% of sales from paid add-ons sold on the marketplace. Bookmap collects a 27% commission.
- Vendors earn 88% of sales of services not requiring a Bookmap license (e.g. education course). Bookmap collects a 12% commission from such sales
NOTE: transaction fees are deducted from Bookmap commission. Developers do not pay any transaction fees.