Select A Run Mode
Bookmap supports 3 modes of operation:
1. Replay Data / Trading Simulated by Bookmap
This mode is independent of your trading platform and operates as a standalone product. It allows you to replay market depth data files of previous live sessions that you previously recorded. Traders can place and execute simulated orders to evaluate their trading decisions and strategies using Bookmap simulator.
Running Bookmap in Replay Mode
- Open Bookmap. This will open the Bookmap run options window.
- Choose Replay Data / Trading Simulated by Bookmap and click OK. This will open the Bookmap main window.
- In the main window, click Load Feed File, choose one of the feed files, and click Open. Each feed file represents a prerecorded trading session.
- The recorded session will take a moment to load. The recorded instruments will open as tabs. Click on any of your desired instruments to open the relevant chart. The chart will start replaying as soon as the feed file loads.
- A control slider will open above the chart. Users can manipulate the slider to go forward or backward inside the recorded data. Hovering over the slider will open additional replay control options. You can pause or choose different replay speeds using the various controllers on the Replay Panel.
- Use the pin icon on the right side of the Replay Panel to keep the panel always visible or to auto-hide it.
The Replay Panel includes the ability to jump to the next data point in the file. This is useful in microsecond analysis or to skip the end of day period in case the recording stretches overnight.
Note: currently, the Skip To Next Data Point Button refers to the entire record file and not to the specific instrument being viewed.
2. External Data / Trading Simulated by Bookmap
This mode allows you to trade with the internal Bookmap simulator while viewing real time data transmitted from your supported data feed or trading platform.
3. External Data / Trading through Your Brokerage Account (Real or Simulated)
This mode of operation presents real time market depth data and orders transmitted from your supported data feed or trading platform. It also supports the transmission of limit orders to your supported trading platform through one-click order placement directly from the Bookmap chart.
Note: Make sure to tick the recording check boxes if you want to keep a record of your data and your orders for later analysis in the Replay mode.
Once you have made your choice, click OK to proceed.