It is of great importance that you know the information provided in this section. Please read the following notes thoroughly.
- Bookmap® Digital is a FREE version. It supports crypto and allows to display only one instrument at a time.
- Bookmap® Global connects to multiple stocks and futures as well as crypto assets.
- Bookmap® Global+ in addition to the set of features included in Bookmap Global, it provides various add-ons and the ability to trade from the chart.
Bookmap® packages do not include data and brokerage services. Connect to a market data provider via your broker/exchange or purchase a data subscription via Bookmap.
Note: you might have to provide your credentials when connecting Bookmap to markets.
- See the list of features and tools provided by Bookmap packages and compare prices here
- See the list of Bookmap-compatible brokers here
- See the list of accessible crypto exchanges here
- See the list of Bookmap-comaptible market data providers here
Bookmap® connects to three different types of markets: US stocks, futures, and digital currencies (crypto). You can connect to US stocks, several futures data feeds, and several digital currency exchanges all at the same time in Bookmap with a Global/Global+ subscription.
Bookmap® works on Windows, Mac and Linux but is not officially supported).
You can install Bookmap on as many computers as you want yet you can run Bookmap on only one of them at a time. Although, Bookmap Global+ version allows for access to Replay Mode on a secondary machine.
US Stocks Connectivity
dxFeed | for US Stocks
A subscription to dxFeed is required in order to connect Bookmap to US stocks. Currently this is the only method for connecting Bookmap to the US stock markets with full depth data.
dxFeed for stocks data can be purchased from bookmap.com.
- dxFeed covers all US equities.
- Supported market data feeds at this stage are Nasdaq TotalView (full depth), Cboe/EDGX (full depth) and NBBO. ARCA and other ECNs are not included in the dxFeed’s market depth data so you might see order book discrepancies. To learn more about NBBO, click here.
- Up to 24 hours of backfill data can be merged with real-time data upon subscription to a new symbol. The resolution of backfill data is one second. It consolidates data from the following feeds:
- Nasdaq TotalView full depth
- Cboe/EDGX full depth
- CTA/UTP (NBBO)
- When subscribing to dxFeed data, you are only receiving data and not brokerage services. If you have an account with TradeStation or Interactive Brokers, you can get the data via dxFeed and trade via your brokerage account. More details are provided below.
For pricing of dxFeed stocks & futures market data, please go to dxfeed.bookmap.com
Subscribing to dxFeed Data for US Stocks
A subscription to dxFeed is available via your account @ Bookmap. Once you subscribe to Bookmap, log into the www.Bookmap.com/portal. Then in the left margin toolbar, click on “Addons”. Choose the desired dxFeed subscription and go through the purchasing process.
dxFeed TradeStation | for US Stocks only
If you have Bookmap Global+ version 7.1 or greater and a TradeStation account, it is possible to route live trades from Bookmap to your TradeStation account for stocks. Note that a dxFeed subscription is still required in order to get the US stocks data into Bookmap. You are not receiving TradeStation stock data, you are only routing your trading decisions from Bookmap to your Tradestation account.
dxFeed Interactive Brokers | for US Stocks
If you have Bookmap Global+ and an Interactive Brokers account, it is possible to route live trades from Bookmap to your Interactive Brokers account.
A dxFeed data subscription for stocks is still required in order to get the US stocks data into Bookmap. You are not receiving Interactive Brokers stock data, you are only routing your trading decisions from Bookmap to your Interactive Brokers account.
As a stand-alone platform, Bookmap connects to several data providers such as Rithmic (MBO & full depth), dxFeed (full depth), CQG Continuum, Gain Capital, IQFeed, and Transact. If your broker supports one of those platforms, you can get credentials from your broker and use Bookmap to visualize the market data and trade. If your broker doesn’t support those platforms, you can subscribe directly to the data provider for data only. Note that in order to trade from the Bookmap chart to your funded account you have to have the Bookmap Global+ version.
Futures backfill data of up to 24 hours is available for all connections. To learn more about this click here.
Rithmic offers high quality full-depth futures data. We recommend using Bookmap with Rithmic data.
You can get Rithmic CME Market by Order Data directly from Bookmap. Visit Bookmap Marketplace for details.
- Rithmic data consists of full depth market data for the majority of futures markets.
- For CME futures, Rithmic provides Market-by-Order data.
- Rithmic does not offer brokerage services. See list of brokers that Rithmic offers.
- You can use the same Rithmic market data credentials in Bookmap for other platforms. Additional costs may apply.
While configuring connectivity in Bookmap, pay attention to the Rithmic System/Gateway combination. If you are not sure what Gateway should be set to, use the default settings.
Rithmic R-Trader API
To allow connection of your Rithmic data to Bookmap and another platform in parallel follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of R | Trader Pro installed. To download the latest version go to https://rithmic.com/rtraderpro.msi
- Start R | Trader Pro. On the R | Trader Pro launch pad click “Allow Plug-ins” (see the screenshot below)
- Enter your credentials (in two places) and press the “Login” button.
- Make sure you have Bookmap 7.1 b37 or later version installed. Launch Bookmap and press the “Connection→Configure”.
- In Bookmap configuration window, press the “ADD CONNECTION” button and select “Rithmic”.
- Tick the “Plugin mode” checkbox and enter your R | Trader Pro credentials. Press “OK”.
- Tick the Rithmic connection under the Connection menu and click the + button to subscribe to your instrument of choice.
- Make sure you use the same credentials in Bookmap and in both places in RTrader
- Keep RTrader open for the session, otherwise, you will loose the market data connection
- Watch our brief instructional video to learn how to connect Bookmap via Rithmic's R-Trader Pro API. It can save you an additional market connection and therefore help you bypass CME professional fees when having more than 2 exchange connections.
dxFeed | for Futures
You can connect Bookmap to dxFeed for futures. A subscription to dxFeed for futures is offered via your account on Bookmap. Once you subscribe to Bookmap, log into the www.Bookmap.com/portal, click on “Addons” in the left margin and choose the desired dxFeed subscription. For pricing of dxFeed stocks & futures market data, please go to dxfeed.bookmap.com.
- dxFeed offers full depth market data for CME, CFE/CBOE Volatility Index futures (VIX) and ICE.
- dxFeed does not offer brokerage services directly. Routing trading activity to other brokers is not supported at this time.
CQG for Futures
Bookmap connects to CQG Continuum data only; it does not connect to CQG IC nor any other CQG products. Note that CQG Continuum currently offers full depth market data only for COMEX and NYMEX exchanges and does not offer full depth for indexes or other CME futures. You can subscribe directly to CQG Continuum for market data.
Please contact CQG Continuum for more details.
- CQG does not offer brokerage services. See list of brokers that offer CQG Continuum. Please reach out to the various brokers to understand data costs and any trading fees associated with CQG Continuum data.
- To connect Bookmap as a standalone consumer of CQG Continuum, request information from your broker for both Bookmap Private Label and CQG Continuum in CAST.
- You can use the same CQG Continuum market data credentials in Bookmap for other platforms. Additional costs may apply.
Gain Capital for Futures
Bookmap connects to Gain Capital OEC futures data. You can subscribe directly to Gain Capital for Futures data visualization here.
- Gain Capital does not currently offer full depth market data for futures.
- See list of brokers that Gain offers. Reach out to the various brokers to understand data costs and any trading fees associated with Gain Capital OEC data.
- The Stage 5 platform is based on Gain Capital OEC data.
iQFeed for Futures
Bookmap connects to IQFeed futures for data. You can subscribe directly to IQ Feed for Futures data visualization only.
- No brokerage services are available directly from IQ Feed. Click here to see list of brokers that IQFeed offers. Please reach out to the brokers to understand data costs and any trading fees associated with IQFeed data.
- IQFeed does not currently offer full depth market data.
Cedro for Brazilian Futures Data
Bookmap will offer connectivity to Brazilian futures markets via Cedro soon.
Interactive Brokers | TWS API Futures
Bookmap connects to Interactive Brokers (IB) Traders WorkStation’s API (TWS) for futures for data only. You can subscribe directly to Interactive Brokers.
- IB does not currently offer full depth market data for futures.
- Market data updates are not frequent; therefore, we do not recommend using IB data.
Trading Technologies | TT .NET Futures Connectivity
Bookmap connects to the TT .NET API. You can subscribe directly to Trading Technologies.
- TT.NET connectivity is relatively new and does not currently offer full depth market data for futures.
Bookmap connects to NinjaTrader 7 & 8. Data first arrives from a third party vendor into the NinjaTrader platform and then is output to Bookmap.
- Although this method of connectivity is available, it is recommended to connect Bookmap as a standalone platform directly to the data provider. This will improve stability and the quality of the data received.
- Most NinjaTrader market data feeds do not contain full depth data. Rithmic contains full depth when connecting to NinjaTrader, however MBO data is not supported.
- The integration is not guaranteed to work and we do not provide support/fixes/improvements for it
TransAct for Futures 🄳🄴🄿🅁🄴🄲🄰🅃🄴🄳
Bookmap currently connects to Transact futures. You can subscribe directly to Transact futures data here.
- Transact does not currently offer full depth market data for futures. It also has some stability-related issues; therefore, we do not recommend using Transact market data.
- See list of brokers offered by Transact here. Please reach out to the various brokers to understand data costs.
- The integration is not guaranteed to work and we do not provide support/fixes/improvements for it
To learn how to connect Transact futures to Bookmap, watch this video.
- Bookmap® connects directly to several digital currency exchanges.
- In Bookmap® Digital (the free version), you can use Bookmap® with one crypto instrument only, for both for market data visualization and trading. If you want more than one symbol at a time, you’ll need to subscribe to Bookmap® Global or Global+.
- A crypto exchange account is not required in order to connect to a crypto exchange.
- Some crypto adapters provide access to both market data and trading, while other allow for market data connectivity only. Explore more about currently available crypto adapters and learn how to install them here.
|Trading||Full-depth Data||Server-side order update||Server-side market order||Server-side brackets||Server-side OCO||Server-side trailing stop||Demo Data||Working backfill data|
Bookmap® Connect API
(Layer 0 API)
The purpose of L0 API is connectivity to exchanges, data vendors, and trading systems which are not yet supported. Connecting via L0 opens full Bookmap® functionality that is supported for built-in adapters.
If a specific data connection is not offered here, you can develop your own Bookmap® adapter via Bookmap® Connect (L0 API). It allows you to connect to exchanges, data vendors, and trading systems while maintaining full Bookmap® functionality.
- Typically, the development of a new adapter has two stages: data connectivity and trading connectivity.
- The implementation of trading functionality is not mandatory and can be even implemented partially, for instance, visualization of the evolution of trader's orders but without the ability to send or modify orders from the Bookmap® chart.
- There are two distinct solutions that are based on the L0 API: Quant (paid) and Connect (free).
For more information on how to connect to own data source, visit this page.
Backfill Data Connectivity
Bookmap® version 7 and above provides up to 24 hours of backfill Data upon the subscription to an instrument,
Here’s how it works: First, Bookmap attempts to load the historical data recorded during a previous trading session and stored on your computer in the C:\Bookmap\Feeds folder. Backfill data goes to the folder C:\Bookmap\Data library.
If there is no previously recorded data or if it has gaps, Bookmap downloads the missing data from one of the following servers (depending on the instrument type).
|Data Source||Supported Instruments||Free||Paid|
|Powered by Bookmap||Digital currency from supported exchanges||Up to 48 hours|
|Powered by Devexperts||US stocks and futures*||Up to 1 hour||Up to 24 hours for $14/mo. per exchange|
*Supported futures exchanges are CME and ICE.
- Backfill Data must not be confused with Historical Data. Backfill Data is what precedes the moment of a real time subscription while historical data is what is played by Bookmap Replay.
- The backfill data is not recorded into the Bookmap data files “.bmf”. These files contain only the real time data collected from the moment of subscribing to a given instrument. However, users can save the complete data via File >> Export.
- Not all crypto exchanges support backfill data at this time.
![div](../userguide/images/li1.jpg "div grey"
Here is a partial list of the featured brokers. Not all brokers are listed.
|TDAmeritrade (soon)||TDAmeritrade (soon)|
|TradeStation. Data subscription via dxFeed with trading activity routed to TradeStation||TradeStation (soon)|
|Interactive Brokers. Data subscription via dxFeed with trading activity routed to Interactive Brokers||Stage Five. Rithmic, CQG, Gain OEC, IQFeed, TT.Net|
|Edge Clear. Rithmic, CQG, IQFeed, TT.Net, TradeStation|
|Cannon Trading. Rithmic, CQG, IQFeed, TT.Net, Transact|
|Discount Trading. Rithmic, CQG, Gain OEC, IQFeed, TT.Net|
|AMP Futures. Rithmic, CQG, Gain OEC, IQFeed, TT.Net|
|Infinity Futures. CQG, Transact|
|Optimus Futures. Rithmic, CQG, Gain OEC, IQFeed, TT.Net|
Bookmap®-Compatible Market Data Providers
All data and trading connections / supported market data providers
|Connections||Futures||Stocks*||Crypto||Data type||Minimum License **||Trading||Market depth data||Data quality score 1-5 ****||MacOS *****||Exchanges||API access ******||Where can I get the data?||Demo data available?||Status remarks|
|Rithmic (Recommended)||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||Full||5||-||CME, Eurex, ICE, ...||-||From Bookmap||Yes||-|
|dxFeed (Recommended)||Yes||Yes||-||Real-time||Global||Via IB ***||Full||5||-||Nasdaq, EDGX, CME, ICE||-||From Bookmap||-||-|
|dxFeed (Recommended)||Yes||Yes||-||Delayed||Digital||Simulator||Full||5||-||Nasdaq, EDGX||-||From Bookmap||-||-|
|TradeStation||-||via dxFeed||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||Full||5||-||-||-||From Bookmap||-||-|
|Cedro (Coming soon)||Yes||Yes||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||Full||5||-||BM&F Bovespa (Brazil)||-||From XP broker||-||-|
|S5 Trader||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels||4||No||CME, Eurex, ICE, ...||-||From Stage 5||Yes||-|
|CQG||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels except CL||4||-||CME, Eurex, ICE, ...||-||From brokers||Yes||-|
|Interactive Brokers||Yes||via dxFeed||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels||2||-||CME, Eurex, ICE, ...||-||From IB||-||-|
|Gain||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels||4||No||CME, Eurex, ICE, ...||-||From brokers||-||-|
|IQFeed||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||No||10 levels||3||-||CME, Eurex, ICE, ...||-||From IQFeed||Yes||-|
|Ninja Trader||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels (full with Rithmic)||3||No||Continium = CQG Kinetick = IQFeed||-||From NinjaTrader||-||-|
|Transact (demo only)||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels||3||No||CME||-||From Transact||-||-|
|TT .NET SDK (Coming soon)||Yes||-||-||Real-time||Global||Yes||10 levels||4||No||CME, Eurex, ICE, Euronext ...||-||From brokers||-||-|
|Binance Futures||-||-||Yes||Real-time||Digital||Yes||Full||5||-||Binance Futures||-||Included||-||Alpha|
|Kraken Futures||-||-||Yes||Real-time||Digital||Yes||Full||5||-||Kraken Futures||-||Included||-||Alpha|
|Bookmap Replay||Yes||Yes||Yes||Historical||Global+||Sim||Full||5||-||Any||-||Files recorded by user||-||-|
|Virtual exchange||-||-||-||Real-time, simulated||Digital||Yes||Full||5||-||VE||-||Included||-||Sep 2018|
- Only stocks with market depth data are considered
** Indicate which Bookmap license is required from Digital to Global+. Note that for Trading Futures or Stocks Global+ is required
*** Connect Bookmap to dxFeed and then to your Interactive Brokers account for trading. Currently supports Stocks only.
**** Internal score based on factors such as latency, data throttling, and synchronization between market depth data with T&S and BBO. Users can compare themselves data quality of multiple data vendors using Bookmap .
***** MacOS is not supported with target connection API based on .NET, which is Windows OS dependent
****** Gives access to Bookmap_API for development of custom modules. In order to access dxFeed stocks data via API (i.e. "Non-display" data), please contact dxFeed directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.