What is Tradermap Pro?
Tradermap Pro is an add-on that allows you to create special heatmaps of copies of subscribed instruments with various MBO filters for the order book applied to them.
Download link: https://bookmap.com/addons/tradermap-pro
Watch The Walkthough
Create a Tradermap Pro chart.
To create a Tradermap Pro chart, go to the original instrument tab (this instrument will be used as the data source for the Tradermap Pro chart) and open the Tradermap Pro add-on configuration panel. Input the symbol name into the corresponding field and click the “Create” button. It works similar to the Instrument Copy and Liquidation Predictor addons.
At the bottom of this panel, you’ll see the filters configuration panel. At least one filter must be added to create a Tradermap Pro chart.
The add-on will automatically add a “@TM.Pro” ending to the instrument name, in order to distinguish it from the original instrument.
The add-on allows you to create multiple Tradermap Pro charts of the same instrument, but each Tradermap Pro chart must have a unique name. Note that you cannot create a Tradermap Pro chart from a Tradermap Pro chart.
Remove/unsubscribe a Tradermap Pro chart
To unsubscribe from an instrument in the Tradermap Pro chart, just close its tab or click on the “unsubscribe” button.
After unsubscribing from a Tradermap Pro chart, the configuration panel of this Tradermap Pro chart will remain open and you can apply the same filters (or change them) without changing the name.
To remove the settings panel for a Tradermap Pro chart, click the “X” button.
Keep in mind that when you delete a Tradermap Pro chart settings panel, the filter settings will also be deleted.
To add a filter to an instrument in a Tradermap Pro chart, open its tab, go to Tradermap Pro configuration, click the “Add” button, and pick one of the filters or data transformators from the list:
You can add multiple filters to the same Tradermap Pro chart.
Change name on the fly
You can change the name of the copy after it is created.
To change the name of a copy, this copy must be inactive (i.e. not subscribed).
Enter a new name and press "Apply".
After that, the name of the copy will change.
Note: The copy name must be unique and not empty.
Order size filter (MBO)
The Order size filter allows you to filter orders by their size. The filter works only with Order-by-Order data (e.g. CME/Rithmic MBO or Coinbase).
This filter displays only orders.
Example: Keep orders from 5 to 10 means that all the orders with sizes 1-4 and 11,12+ will be filtered out from the chart.
Number of orders per price (MBO)
The Number of orders per price (MBO) is a special chart view that shows the quantity of orders per price level. Not only the heatmap is affected by this transformation: all the columns and addons will now get the number of orders instead of total size.
Example: On the screenshot below you can see the original instrument (on the left) compared to the Order Number of orders per price (on the right). The COB column on the Number of orders per price chart now represents the number of orders. The original instrument shows us the total (the sum) size of the orders on price level: the size 4 on the price 3949.75, it may consist of 4 orders with the size 1 each (1+1+1+1) or 2 orders (3+1 or 2+2) or 3 orders (1+1+2). The Number of orders per price shows us how many orders there are in the orderbook on the price level: it shows 4 orders on the price 3949.75. After we compare charts, we know that there are 4 orders with size 1 each.
Distribution of orders by size (MBO)
Distribution of orders by size (MBO) is a special heatmap in which the size of the orders is replaced by their quantity and price is replaced by the size. There is no price axis on this kind of chart at all. Not only the heatmap is affected by this transformation: all the columns and addons will now get the number of orders instead of size and order size instead of price.
Example: On the screenshot below you can see the original instrument (on the left) compared to the Order Distribution of orders by size (on the right). The COB column on the Distribution of orders by size chart now represents the number of orders. The price column represents the sizes. The Distribution of orders by size chart shows us that there are 1609 orders with the size 1 in the orderbook, 490 orders with the size 2, 379 with the size 3, etc. The maximum order size is 20 and we have 2 orders with this size right now.
Split the distribution by bids/asks
This feature allows you to see bids and asks separately. Bids will be displayed at negative levels, as if they are mirrored.
- If you turn off the “Split the distribution by bids/asks” function, bids and asks will be aggregated, so the values show the ask orders + bid orders number.
It is possible to combine multiple filter types on one chart. This opens up a field for experimentation.
Order size filter + Number of orders per price: the Order size filter will be always applied before the Number of orders per price, that means some orders will be filtered and then the result will be transformed to Number of orders per price chart.
For filters that involve data transformation (Number of orders per price and Distribution of orders by size), you can only add one of them at a time. So you cannot add Number of orders per price and Distribution of orders by size to the same chart.
It is currently not possible to add Order size filter and Distribution of orders by size at the same time.
If you open the Tradermap Pro settings on the original instrument, you will see settings of all Tradermap Pro charts of that instrument there. This will allow you to see all the settings for Tradermap Pro charts of this instrument in one place.
Maximum number of Tradermap Pro charts
When you reach the limit of the number of Tradermap Pro charts, you will see a corresponding message and you will not be able to subscribe to new Tradermap Pro charts but you can create new copy panels.
It is not possible to create a Tradermap Pro chart based on another Tradermap Pro chart.
The minimum compatible version of Bookmap is 220.127.116.11
Currently, there is no way to create a copy from an instrument created by a client-side Multibook add-on.
Survey link: https://bookmap.com/addons/tradermap-pro/survey
After one hour of using the add-on, you will be prompted to give feedback.
You will see the feedback panel in the add-on configuration panel.
I have already provided feedback: This panel will no longer appear.
I don’t want to give feedback: This panel will no longer appear.
Tradermap Pro FAQ
I created a Tradermap Pro chart of an instrument, but it has no data, while the original instrument has. What should I do?
- Try to remove some filters or decrease the thresholds on the Tradermap Pro chart to make sure that you get all available data there.
I have a question about Tradermap Pro, who can I ask?
- Feel free to ask any questions in the Discord channel or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I closed the original instrument, why do the Tradermap Pro charts close as well?
- All the Tradermap Pro charts get the data directly from the original instrument and cannot exist separately. If you close the original, there is no data to display and all Tradermap Pro charts will be automatically closed.
Why were BBO (Best Bid and Offer) lines moved when the order size filter was applied?
- When you apply the order size filter, it filters out some orders from the order book for this chart. The BBO line is based on the order book, and it is calculated after the filter applies. So if the best bid or ask orders were filtered out, the BBO line will be moved to the new best bid/ask. In this case, it will not be a real BBO. That is why in this case the trades may be located in between BBO.
Why can’t the SpotGamma cloudnotes be loaded on Tradermap Pro chart instruments?
- The reason is because cloudnotes CSV contains the full instrument names that in the case of Tradermap Pro chart is changed. Workaround: Export Notes from the main instrument, change the name to match the Tradermap Pro chart's and do the import to the Tradermap Pro chart instrument.
Why can't Tradermap Pro be used in replay mode?
- Replay mode does not support custom instruments subscription, we will improve it in future. For now it is possible to use Tradermap Pro in live data mode only.
This version of the add-on has known bugs and issues. We recommend avoiding using this add-on while you are trading.
Known bugs and issues:
- Chart settings reset / inherit / save / load or same manipulation with all charts settings will crash Bookmap - will be fixed in future Bookmap versions.
- Versions of the Stops & Icebergs add-on below 1.17 work incorrectly on the copy because of data inconsistency. We recommend to use version 1.17 or higher of the Stops & Icebergs add-on on Tradermap Pro and Instrument Copy.
- Old Advanced Heatmap and Heatmap Pro add-ons are broken, we have stopped supporting both of these. Please do not use them. Their usage together with Tradermap Pro add-on will result in a crash.
- If you enable/disable the add-on very quickly, or on the add-on restart you may get the "There is no temporary file for..." error. Temporary workaround:
- Press the continue button (it is not necessary to report this error)
- Disable the add-on
- Remove all the Tradermap Pro instruments manually.
- Enable the add-on
To install Tradermap Pro, follow these steps:
- Download Tradermap Pro https://bookmap.com/addons/tradermap-pro
- Launch Bookmap version 7.3.0 b40 (https://bookmap.com/current/beta) or newer and subscribe to at least one instrument
- Click the add-ons icon to open the Configure add-ons panel (or Settings → Configure add-ons).
- In the Configure add-ons panel, click the “Add” button and then select the advanced-heatmap-x.xx.jar from the “Select add-on file...” dialog window, click “Open” and then “Load”.
- The Tradermap Pro will appear in the list of available plugins. Click on it to see the indicator’s settings, and then click on the checkbox near the indicator’s name to activate/deactivate the add-on for all instruments.