What Is the DOM Pro?
The DOM Pro provides a single-click order entry interface and displays market depth against recent trades, aggregated into a split volume profile.
The price display and Last Traded Quantity (LTQ) give you a visual sense of market movement and order flow events over a period of time/range or relative to other markets.
The price ladder gives you the confidence to enter an order at a specific price level, and the intuitive design of the displayed traded volume allows you to manage your working orders and positions based on easily identifiable order flow events.
How It Works
Placing an Order
- Enable trading on the DOM by using the TCP (Trade Control Panel) and choosing DOM or BOTH options
- Update/set the order size/bracket settings on the TCP
- Left-click on the bid/ask column to send LIMIT orders (at or below bid/at or above ask)
- Right-click on the bid/ask column to send STOP LIMIT orders (above bid/below ask)
- Left-click on the bid column above the best bid to send a buy MARKET order
- Left-click on the ask column below the best ask to send a sell MARKET order
- To move an order, left-click and hold to drag and drop to the new price
- To move a single order from a level containing multiple orders, middle/scroll button click on the order to select one order from that level
- To cancel an order, right-click on the order
Note: Right-clicking on a level that contains multiple orders will cancel all orders on that level.
- Price: Displays the price of the instrument
- OB: Order Buy - Your open order on the bid side
- Bid: Quantity of buy limit orders at each price level
- RB: Recent Bid trades column
- LTQ: Last Traded Quantity
- RA: Recent Ask trades column
- ASK: Quantity of sell limit orders at each price level
- OS: Order Sell - Your open order on the ask side
- VPS: Volume Profile Sell volume only
- VPB: Volume Profile Buy volume only
- VPD: Difference or delta between Volume Profile Sell and Volume Profile Buy (net difference or net delta)
- Notes: Notes column manually entered by double-clicking in the column or imported through an Excel file (.csv)
- SVP: Session volume of Buy and Sell, the volume traded since the instrument was opened
- Pop up menu duplicates menu buttons (incase DOM width is set narrower than default)
- Current net position size (long: background green, short: background red)
- Open/Close DOM TCP (a copy of BM TCP configuration that cannot be modified)
- Recenter DOM
- Enable Trading: This icon displays the status of Bookmap TCP activation mode
- Clear Recent Trades: Clear Recent Bid (RB) and Recent Ask (RA) columns
- Clear Volume Profile Sell (VPS) and Volume Profile Buy (VPB) columns
- Clear all volume columns except Session Volume Profile (SVP)
- Clear Session Volume Profile (SVP)
- Import Notes: the notes format is the same as in Bookmap Notes
- Clear All Notes
- Always on top
- Auto Recenter: Based on the Recenter Ticks in DOM Pro settings
How to Configure the DOM Pro Add-on?
- Auto Recenter: Enables DOM recentering
- Recenter Ticks: Distance in ticks for the DOM to automatically recenter
- Depth Levels: Number of ticks to be displayed in the DOM
- Min Depth Highlight: The minimum size to be highlighted in the Bid/Ask column
- Depth Highlight >= % Avg: Highlight levels in the Bid/Ask column when the resting size is X% higher or equal to the average visible depth
- Volatility Range: Updates the volatility range by highlighting RB/RA cells based on each interval
- Volatility Range ms Interval: Interval in milliseconds for the volatility range to fade
- Use Theo Price: Calculates the breakeven price level in your overall position
- Scroll Sensitivity: Increase sensitivity to increase DOM scrolling speed
- Recent Trades reset ms: Reset timer in milliseconds that will replace the most recent trades quantity of executed contracts at a particular level. If the level trades within the time interval it will accumulate the total
- Global Recenter: When enabled on the master DOM, all other DOMs will recenter when clicking on the recenter button of the master DOM. Only the main DOM that is being used to execute trades needs to have this enabled (if you use different auto recenter tick values on different instruments the other DOMs will attempt to be the master DOM)
- Range Size (Ticks): Calculates and resets the Volume Profile (VP) based on a Range setting
- Reset VPB/S on Range: Uses the above range setting
- Reset RB/RA on Range: Quantity of ticks used to reset the RT columns if using the Range setting
- Reset RB/RA on Pos: Reset the RT columns based on a new trade position from flat
- Reset RB/RA on Recenter: Reset the RT columns based on when a recenter is detected
- Session Open Time: The time when the DOM trading session starts
- Reset SVP at Open: Reset the main session Volume Profile at Open (the open time is defined by the Session Open Time value)
- Reset VPB/S at Open: Reset the split profile at Open (the open time is defined by the Session Open Time value)
- Font Size: Size of DOM column
- Row Size: Size of column height
- Theme: Select a dark or light color theme
The offset value will become available after the check box on the DOM TCP is enabled.
- Click Offset: Quantity of ticks from position mouse click on the DOM where an order will be submitted
- Disable After Fill: Disables the feature after the order that was submitted with the offset has been filled
- Enable When Flat: Re-enables the order offset calculation when the current position is flat
DOM Pro FAQ
Should I have both DOM Pro and Execution Pro or can I use DOM Pro only?
You can trade only using the DOM Pro add-on. Execution Pro is optional and it will extend your trading tools.
Why can't I place an order in DOM Pro?
You need to select 'DOM' or 'Both' on the Bookmap TCP and set the order size to at least 1 to enable trading.
Why can't I configure Order Size in DOM Pro?
Size configuration is done on the Bookmap TCP.
What platforms/connections are supported by DOM Pro?
Rithmic and CQG platforms are supported. All other platforms are supported in Sim or Replay mode.
How can I move my orders in the DOM Pro?
You can move your orders directly in the DOM Pro by left-clicking and dragging. You can also use Move limits shortcuts from the Execution Pro add-on.
I have a long position and bracket orders enabled, why didn't my bracket order work after sending a short order?
This behavior is by design to avoid multiple opened brackets.
How to Install the DOM Pro Add-on?
To install the DOM Pro add-on, follow these steps:
- Download the DOM Pro add-on
- Launch Bookmap version 7.3 build 27 or above
- Click the API plugins icon to open the API plugins configuration panel (or via Settings > API plugins configuration)
- In API plugin configuration, click the 'Add' button and then select the dom-pro-x.xx.jar file
- Activate the add-on for the opened instrument by clicking on the checkbox near the indicator's name
Connecting to Unsupported Exchanges and Instruments
If you enable the add-on for an instrument that is not supported, you will get the following message and the add-on will not be enabled.