What Is the Execution Pro Add-On?
The Execution Pro add-on provides traders with extended keyboard shortcuts, advanced actions, and diverse trading strategies.
Watch our video guide for more information:
How to Configure the Execution Pro Add-on
- Open Key map settings: Opens a window to configure keyboard shortcuts. You can change the default keyboard shortcut settings by inputting a key of your choice
Note: Shortcuts must be enabled first using the Enable Shortcuts checkbox. When the shortcuts window is open, shortcuts are blocked and will not work.
You can configure the following shortcuts:
- Join Bid: Send a Buy Limit order on the best bid price
- Buy Ask: Send a Buy Limit order on the best ask price
- Buy Market: Send a Buy Market order
- Join Ask: Send a Sell Limit order on the best ask price
- Sell Bid: Send a Sell Limit order on the best bid price
- Sell Market: Send a Sell Market order
- Flatten: Flat the position and closes all open orders
- Cancel All Work: Close all open orders
- Reverse: Reverse position and brackets from long to short and vice versa
- VWAP Buy: Send a Buy Limit order at VWAP price level (at that instant, and do not chase if not filled)
- VWAP Sell: Send a Sell Limit order at VWAP price level (at that instant, and do not chase if not filled)
- Move Lmt +: Move Limit orders up by a number of ticks (configured in the settings)
- Move Lmt -: Move Limit orders down by a number of ticks (configured in the settings)
- Move Stp +: Move stop orders up by a number of ticks (configured in the settings)
- Move Stp -: Move stop orders down by a number of ticks (configured in the settings)
- Move to BE: Move stop loss bracket order to the breakeven level (this shortcut uses “Move Breakeven + ticks” and average fill price from the settings panel)
To save your current shortcuts:
- Open the Key map settings panel and click Export.
- Choose the filename and click save (the file extension must be .execpro).
- To import the file to another instrument click the Import button and select your saved file. Execution Pro will load the key map from the file and update the panel.
- Reset VWAP: The Execution Pro add-on calculates and displays the VWAP line on the main chart. A user can configure a reset parameter. The add-on provides a shortcut to create an order at VWAP price
- Reset Seconds: Defines the period of VWAP reset. The example above shows a 30-second reset period. You can see the VWAP (grey line) resetting at 11:20:00 and 11:20:30
Reset to Limit: This setting is for when you want to scale in/out of a position using limit orders without sending new brackets and offset prices. Enabling Reset to Limit will disable brackets on Bookmap’s TCP once you enter a position
Re-Enable Brackets (Flat): When this is enabled and brackets are disabled on Bookmap’s TCP, once you enter a position and close it (flat), it will enable brackets on the Bookmap TCP
Cancel Orphan Brackets (Flat): When this is enabled and brackets are also enabled on Bookmap’s TCP, and you enter a position (and bracket orders are created), once you close your position, any remaining bracket orders will be canceled
Cancel All (Flat): When enabled, all open orders will be canceled once the overall position is flat
Update Bracket Orders: Enables the auto-update of the child orders quantity of the already pending bracket orders. This setting will offset/update the bracket orders if you scale out of your position manually
Breakeven Enabled: When enabled, the add-on will automatically move your stop to breakeven based on user inputs. Note, bracketed orders must already be in use
Move Breakeven + ticks: Once Breakeven Ticks is triggered, your Stop order will move to the breakeven level + X ticks, as illustrated above
Trail Stop Enabled: When enabled, a trailing stop will automatically follow the last traded price based on user settings
Trail Trigger ticks: When enabled, the add-on will use the detected fill price and only move the stop when the fill price +/- X ticks becomes the best bid or offer
Trail ticks: Once Trail Trigger ticks is triggered, the add-on will move the stop to the best bid/offer price +/- X ticks
Resize Order Qty: When enabled, after placing an order, the order size will be changed to the Resize Qty Value (used as a default reset when a trader wishes to temporarily increase/decrease an order entry/exit size on the Bookmap TCP panel)
Resize Qty Value: Set the default order size value when Resize Order Qty is enabled
- Payup Enabled: Payup will trigger when the bid touches (but doesn’t fill) your limit buy order and the spread is equal to 1. Once triggered, your order will chase the price and move up if Payup Size on the Ask is less or equal to the value set. The execution won’t be more than the number of Chase ticks
- Payup Size: The resting quantity threshold that will trigger Payup. If liquidity on the best bid/offer level is smaller than the threshold, then the order will be moved 1 tick above/below
- Chase ticks: Quantity of ticks allowed to chase the opposite side when Payup is triggered
- Move Limits: This works with the Move Lmt +/- shortcuts. Once enabled, you can move all limit orders with the shortcuts.
- Lmt + ticks: Number of ticks the order(s) will move up in price
- Lmt - ticks: Number of ticks the order(s) will move down in price
- Move Stops: Enable move all stop orders
- Stop + ticks: Number of ticks the order(s) will move up in price
- Stop - ticks: Number of ticks the order(s) will move down in price
- Theoretical Price Settings: This will calculate the initial open order fill price +/- any profit or loss, and plot a line at the open trade B/E price. TheoPrice is displayed on the main chart and is activated via the widget cog button (on the sub-chart).
Execution Pro FAQ
Why are my shortcuts not working?
- When the shortcuts settings window is open, all shortcuts are disabled
- Execution Pro shortcuts can conflict with Bookmap shortcuts. Bookmap has a higher priority
- If neither Execution Pro nor Bookmap windows are in focus
- If your shortcuts still don't work, contact email@example.com
What platforms/connections are supported by Execution Pro?
Rithmic and CQG platforms are supported. All other platforms are supported in Sim or Replay mode.
Why are trail and breakeven features disabled?
If you have enabled the Trail (TS) feature on TCP panel, you won’t be able to use trail and breakeven features from the addon. This is to avoid conflicts between Bookmap and addon executions.
How can I avoid opening counter direction brackets, when I'm long/short?
If you wish to avoid opening counter direction brackets, you have to install the 'Brackets interceptor'
How to Install the Execution Pro Add-on
To install the Execution Pro add-on, follow these steps:
- Download the Execution Pro add-on
- Launch Bookmap version 7.3 build 27 or above
- Click the API plugins icon to open the API plugins configuration panel (or via Settings > API plugins configuration)
- In API plugins configuration, click the 'Add' button and then select the execution-pro-x.xx.jar file
- Choose Execution Pro add-on (Live or Sim depending on your trading preference)
If you loaded the add-on in Live mode, click the 'Add' button again and select the execution-pro-x.xx.jar file. Choose Execution Interceptor (LIVE)
Activate the add-on for the opened instrument by clicking on the checkbox near the indicator's name